Pray Against Household Wickedness
17th Nov 2019, Sunday Sermon by Pastor Rajesh Mathew
November and December are months of prayer. God will do great things in the midst of our lives.
Prophecy: The HOLY SPIRT told pastor that God doesn’t want us to walk into 2020 carrying the burdens, illnesses, oppressions, emotional problems, sins, failures that we experienced in 2019. We will walk into 2020 as a victorious children of God. The bondages of 2019 need not be our portion in 2020. These days when we pray, bondages will break, demonic strongholds will be broken, Heaven will answer our prayers. Receive it in the name of Jesus.
Mathew 10: 35-36- 35 For I have come to ‘set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law’; 36 and ‘a man’s enemies will be those of his own household.’ 37 He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me.
A man’s enemies will be people of his own household. Pray against household enemies. You need to pray against forces of darkness and wickedness that work within families, in the Name of Jesus.
When you read scriptures, you will find that the enemies are not from outside but from within. The British strategy was to DIVIDE and RULE.
Even within a church, in a family or in a business, most of the times, what you don’t realise is that the enemy is not outside but inside.
In Genesis 4, we see that Abel and Cain were sons of the same father, they worshipped the same God, they both went to sacrifice but one ended up pleasing God and the other did not. When Cain realised this, He called Abel away and killed him. Brothers in one same family did this. It is household wickedness. Today God is sending mighty deliverances within your families.
The forces that are trying to destroy you and defeat you, working as spirits of wickedness within your families to be broken off in your homes
Do not be foolish! You need to be filled with the wisdom of God. Do not believe people just because he or she is a brother, a neighbour or a brother in the Lord from the same church. Don’t get into contracts or agreements without the direction from the Lord. It may not be God’s plan for you but the plan of destruction from the devil. To understand that and cast it out, you need to obtain wisdom and anointing from God.
Spirit of Envy
It is form of wickedness in homes. Can you imagine that certain people in your own family who have known you since you were three years old, feel envious about you?!
Anecdote: The story of crabs from Singapore. When the crabs were transported in a can, they would not need to cover the lid because when one crab tries to climb out, the other will pull it down. Some families are similar. You are envious. You don’t want anybody else to do well
Let the household wickedness of envy be broken off in Jesus name.
Abel and Cain died but the spirit of envy did not die and is still working in some of our homes.
The spirit of Mockery
The brothers of Joseph had this spirit. When you try to do something that nobody else has done before, you are mocked. And, that affects your confidence to go forth and do it. When you receive a vision that nobody else has, people with this spirit will be little you. Joseph saw a dream and his brother mocked him for it. It is a bondage.
Let these bondages be broken from the household of God. Arrest the spirit of mockery in Jesus name!
Some people come to a place of worship and they mock the way of worship, word and ministry in that church. You may be a part of the church of God but you are an enemy if you do that. You should be the one who supports the church and honour the man of God in that place.
What kills is not outside, it is inside. Do not be wicked against those who pray and cry on your behalf.
- If you are trying to destroy them, it is wickedness. Let these bondages be broken in Jesus Name.
- We don’t mind strangers succeeding but many a time we do not want people in our own homes, families and churches to succeed. It is a wicked spirit. If a preacher comes from a different nation, you will all run to him. But if it is a poor man of God from your neighbourhood, you will mock him. That spirit has to leave the church.
- You may be a born again believer for 5 years or 10 years or 50 years, it doesn’t matter. You go to repent of this.
- The church in India and in Kerala is ONE is Jesus name. Don’t kill your heroes of faith. Celebrate the ones that God has placed on this land. Honour them.
- The very culture of the world today is to kill and character assassinate heroes. Don’t do that.
Other people may not like your dream. But you be a people who will honour the dreams of others.
Your dream will make you an enemy of many. If you sit by the beachside having peanuts, nobody is worried about you. But if you have a dream to become somebody that the Lord wants you to become, then you will know who is really for you and who is against you. The moment you pick up the Bible, you will see your enemies.
- Your dream can reveal attackers
- Your dream can make you alone
There are some dreamers here. It may be a dream you have about your business, about your job, your church, your children, and your family. You are not alone. Let the angels of God rise up to help you and to celebrate your dream
Let that discouragement leave your life.
May you find supernatural grace and people who will encourage you to glorify the name of Jesus and fulfil the dream God has for your life. Let the dreams come true. You are not alone. I am with you. We will pray together.
When you make something happen or others, God will make your own dream happen for you!
Judges 9:5- 5Then he went to his father’s house at Ophrah and killed his brothers, the seventy sons of Jerubbaal, on one stone. But Jotham the youngest son of Jerubbaal was left, because he hid himself.
70 people from one family were killed at one go. But Jotham escaped. You will escape! The Lord will not allow Satan to destroy you. You worship, praise, pray, lift up Jesus. You will escape.
Your household may not know Jesus and they may not have the security of salvation. In the midst of that God called you out. If HE did so, HE will continue to deliver you and protect you from every snare of darkness
D for Delilah
Samson, was deceived on the lap of a woman he loved. Delilah.
Watch out for the Ds that will get you out of the destiny that God has for you.
D - Divert
D - Distract
D - Destroy
D - Discourage
Samson revealed all his secrets to her and the secret of his strength. He told her his secrets. Immediately she tried to destroy him.
Delilah will cause you to be diverted from the places and people that God wants to use in your life to help you remain consecrated to him. To destroy your destiny in God.
It is a wicked spirit. In Jesus Name, Let it depart put of my life.
Psalm 55:12 onwards-Then I could bear it. Nor is it one who hates me who has exalted himself against me; Then I could hide from him. 13 But it was you, a man my equal, My companion and my acquaintance. 14 We took sweet counsel together, And walked to the house of God in the throng.
- The Psalmist is saying here of how he was betrayed by his own. If it was an outsider, I could have fought with them. But these are my own brothers. We have even walked together to the House of God.
- In David’s life, his own wife mocked his worship. His own son, Absalom, wanted to dethrone him and make somebody else the king. Absalom was willing to undermine his own father, so, he died prematurely. Don’t try to grab someone else’s ministry.
Ministry is never taken, ministry is given.
There is a saying that the house mice show you where the meat in the house is. Don’t be like that. Don’t be house mice.
Judges 15:11-13- 11 Then three thousand men of Judah went down to the cleft of the rock of Etam, and said to Samson, “Do you not know that the Philistines rule over us? What is this you have done to us?” And he said to them, “As they did to me, so I have done to them.” 12 But they said to him, “We have come down to arrest you, that we may deliver you into the hand of the Philistines.” Then Samson said to them, “Swear to me that you will not kill me yourselves.” 13 So they spoke to him, saying, “No, but we will tie you securely and deliver you into their hand; Divert Distract Destroy Discourage but we will surely not kill you.” And they bound him with two new ropes and brought him up from the rock.
- Many a time those who bind you and deliver you are your own people. It is a spirit of wickedness. Don’t go fight with your mothers- in-law
- Judas was from the household of Jesus, one among the 12 disciples, but he betrayed Jesus.
Luke 22:2-3- and the chief priests and scribes were looking for a way to put Jesus to death; for they feared the people. 3Then Satan entered Judas Iscariot, who was one of the Twelve
- Judas was numbered among the disciples but Satan entered him. Other disciples did not understand this. Jesus knew.
- Three and half years this man walked with them, ate with them, delivered others, healed others, cast out demons. He had the entire details and information about Jesus. He revealed it all to the enemy. Jesus asked him- does thou betray the Son of Man with a kiss.
Not every love that is shown real.
- It is like that English song- Killing me softly. Publicly they will kiss you, but privately they will kill you. This morning, let that spirit leave your life
The spirit of betrayal and spira that tries to destroy to be broken and depart out of this church.
What do you do to overcome the spirit of wickedness?
- Separate them from their sin: When you understand that these are enemies from within your household, separate them from their sin. People who are usually wicked are people who are insecure and have terrible inferiority complex. They are not your enemy. It is the wickedness in them that is your enemy.
- Hold on tight to your purpose and calling: Whatever people do, you have to be clear that who you are in Christ, your calling, your purpose in life should not be affected. Hold on tight to your purpose and calling in life.
- Do not give place for bitterness in your heart.
- Do not share your plans with them. Set boundaries around. They are not worthy to come into your plans.
- Take time to pray. Bind the spirit of witchcraft
Forgive people. Do not accuse those who have accused you.
If there are voices that are trying to control you through manipulative voices, ask God to give you victory over it.
Ask God for wisdom. Do not enter into the compound of the envious. Do not walk alone with the one who is envious of you