The Anointing Of Fruitfulness
Sunday Sermon by Pastor Rajesh Mathew, 5 Jan 2020
Genesis 49:22-26: “Joseph is a fruitful bough, a fruitful bough by a well; His branches run over the wall. 23 The archers have bitterly grieved him, Shot at him and hated him. 24 But his bow remained in strength, And the arms of his hands were made strong By the hands of the Mighty God of Jacob (From there is the Shepherd, the Stone of Israel), 25 By the God of your father who will help you, And by the Almighty who will bless you With blessings of heaven above, Blessings of the deep that lies beneath, Blessings of the breasts and of the womb. 26 The blessings of your father have excelled the blessings of my ancestors, Up to the utmost bound of the everlasting hills. They shall be on the head of Joseph, And on the crown of the head of him who was separate from his brothers.
Put your name in the place of Joseph and keep pronouncing the blessings in this Word, even if you don’t do anything else. Declare that the blessing that is pronounced in this Passage is mine in Jesus Name. If you declare these blessings over your life, the anointing upon this scripture will touch and release the blessing into your life.
The word Blessing is written 6 times in these 4 verses. The Holy Spirit has said it 6 times.
What is this blessing?
The blessing is that you will turn into a fruitful bough.
In 2020, situations will change and you will become a fruitful bough
You may still have many enemies and some situations that you face are contrary to fruitfulness. But the Lord says you will still become fruitful.
1) It is the Lord who determines how fruitful you should become
It is the Lord Jesus who decides whether or not we should be fruitful. Neither will your situations nor the enemies will decide this for you.
You can be in the worst of the situations and still be fruitful. How? That is the anointing of the HS. This anointing will overpower your situations to make you fruitful.
Only Jesus will decide for you. Not your boss, your adversaries, enemies or your neighbours.
You will walk in the six blessings pronounced in this Word, this day forth.
1) Blessings of the heaven above
2) Blessings of the deep beneath
3) Blessings of the breasts and of the womb
4) Blessings of the father
5) Blessings of the ancestors
6) Blessings of the one who was separate from his brothers
The time of your barrenness is over, the time of not bearing fruit is finished.
Joseph was Rachel’s first born. When God gave her Joseph, Leah had already had six children. Leah was making fun of Rachel. In the midst of that, Rachel cried out to God for a child. Despite Jacob telling Rachel that he loved her, she prayed and asked for a proof of that love in the form of a child.
Genesis 33: 22- Then God remembered Rachel, and God listened to her and opened her womb. God remembered Rachel. People may have poked fun at you in the past. But in 2020, God will remember you. From this first Sunday onwards, you will experience the blessing of God
God has seen you struggle, your challenges.
This morning God wants to give you your Joseph. God wants to release a Joseph into your life.
Joseph means addition. Joseph started with addition and ended in multiplication.
Even in the beginning of this YEAR, God is adding something into your life. Something good is getting added. At the end of this year, it will multiply!!! Your Joseph will be revealed in the beginning of the year.
Joseph’s life was full of adverse situations.
- When Joseph would smile, others smiled back at him but with the intention to destroy him. But still Joseph got the best jacket.
- Joseph enters into Potiphar’s house as a slave. But he still gets the keys to the palace. He had the most significant position in that palace despite being a slave.
- In the jail, the jailer gave him the keys to the jail and tells him, “You are a free person. You can conduct prayer meetings here, have Bible studies and baptise people if you want! You may be a prisoner but I know that you are a spiritually free person. The Lord’s Hand is upon you and the blessings of the fathers is within you.”
Stop blaming situations and people. If you catch the anointing of fruitfulness this morning, even if you are in the prison or in Potiphar’s house, you will still be fruitful. No matter where you are you, you will be fruitful in the Lord.
There is no limit to what God can do in your life. It is a year of no limits
Heavens are releasing this oil upon your life. No matter how strong your adversaries are, how many they are, how tough your situations are, you will be fruitful in the Lord.
Joseph was made the Prime Minister and he reached the palace. What is the qualification to become a prime minister?
- For the Egyptians, Shepherds are an abomination and are looked down upon. Joseph was from that background. Aren’t we all the children of the Good Shepherd?
- When he was in jail because he was accused by a lady that he tried to molest her. He could have been destroyed. But heavens decided that it won’t happen.
- Joseph faced contrary circumstances but he still reached the palace.
Let the anointing of fruitfulness come upon you this morning. No matter what accusations you face. God will lift you up in the midst of it. Receive it in the spirit.
Genesis 45:8 - So now it was not you who sent me here, but God; and He has made me a father to Pharaoh, and lord of all his house, and a ruler throughout all the land of Egypt.
Joseph says here that ‘I am like a father to Pharaoh’. A 30 year old saying this to the ruler of the land! When the world would bow down to Pharaoh, he would bow down before Joseph! That is the power of the anointing of the Lord.
Joseph brings Jacob to the palace in Egypt in his old age. Pharaoh runs and tells Joseph to ask his father Jacob to bless him. “Your father is old I know but I need him to bless me”. I have everything (a palace, wealth and all that) but greater than all that is the blessings of the fathers.
Today even your parents and family will be blessed because of you and be lifted to another level.
The Holy Spirit says, your family won’t be destroyed because of you. Your family will, in fact, be blessed because of you.
The more you are attacked, the more fruitful and producing you will become.
The Holy Spirit told me this morning- “If anybody is speaking against you. Let them keep on doing it. Don’t stop them. They will keep on piling insults on you. I will keep on lifting you up.”
I am serving a notice to the devil and to all those who are with him. You can keep saying what you want to about me but the Lord has poured forth his anointing upon me and that will keep on lifting me and increasing me. You will not find me in the same place as you found me last time
Don’t speak evil about yourself. There are others to speak that. In your mouth is blessing and curse. You speak blessing upon yourself according to the Word. There are neighbours and others to speak evil of you anyway! Open your mouth and declare that you are blessed of the Lord.
Gen 49:26- The blessings of your father have excelled the blessings of my ancestors, Up to the utmost bound of the everlasting hills.
God is putting a boundary for your blessing. “Till the utmost bound of the everlasting hills”. Which means- up to the final point that do has placed for you. You cannot be confined within the lines that people have set for you. Whatever is the boundary God has set for you in His plans for you, you will keep breaking all other boundaries and get till there! You will keep moving forward.
The one who decides your boundaries (the point till which you should grow and be blessed) is Jesus.
The Holy Spirit is saying NO LIMIT! The Lord is breaking off the boundaries from your minds.
Deuteronomy 33:17- His glory is like a firstborn bull, and his horns like the horns of the wild ox; Together with them he shall push the peoples to the ends of the earth; They are the ten thousands of Ephraim, And they are the thousands of Manasseh.”
This is the promise made upon Joseph and his generations. He is likened to a wild ox. It is not possible for anybody to set a boundary around Joseph. No matter who sets limits around it, he will keep pushing it.
Learn to PUSH in prayer. Pray and praise and plan until something happens!
- When you worship and pray, you keep breaking boundaries till you reach the ‘utmost ends of the earth’. Receive it over your life!
- Declare to the forces that are limiting and pressing you down that – I am going to push out of here!
Genesis 30:25- 25 And it came to pass, when Rachel had borne Joseph, that Jacob said to Laban, “Send me away, that I may go to my own place and to my country.
- Till this point of time, Jacob was confined to Laban. In all the 20 years that he was confined to Laban, it never occurred to Jacob/ he never felt the need to get out of that confinement. But the moment Joseph was born, that boundary broke. He wants to get back to his country.
- That anointing upon Joseph to come upon you. In those very areas that you never even desired for freedom, you will feel that limitation breaking off. You will no longer want to be confined to that wrong relationship, or to that sin or to debt.
- I am going to step out! The anointing upon Joseph is upon me. I won’t be limited.
- An enclosure as old as 20 years was broken off Jacob. No matter who sets limits, you will jump over it.
No matter what limitation the devil has set for you, you will break it, PUSH through and climb over it!
Joseph when he died said something to his children. He said, “I know that we will be here for 400 years, but don’t bury me here. Carry my bones to the Promised Land. I have a promise and an anointing from the Lord. Even my bones carry that anointing. I can’t be shut here in Egypt. Take me to the Promised Land, the land flowing with milk and honey and bury my bones there”
The Holy Spirit is saying that you will push through, you will break out from the very places that you were challenged in (In sin, in bondage) you will break out into the blessing of God unto the utmost bounds of the earth
You will keep breaking barriers. In your business, in academics, in jobs. In the Name of Jesus the anointing of fruitfulness will cause you to break barriers
Place your hand upon your head and call forth the anointing of fruitfulness.
2) BLESSING OF THE WOMB AND BREAST
That means it is a generational blessing. It represents nourishment and fruitfulness. Unlimited increase. When the baby feeds on the milk, it will keep growing bigger and bigger. While you keep drinking the milk of the Word of God, you will grow!
Hosea 9:14- Give them, O Lord—What will You give? Give them a miscarrying womb And dry breasts!
- This was a curse. A dried breast signifies a condition where even when the Word is released, it doesn’t nourish you.
- A miscarrying womb represents a condition where something started but was cut off before it reached its fruitfulness. You started a business and started building a house but before it reached its fruitfulness it stopped.
- That is a curse. We can break it off in prayer in Jesus Name. Let dreams come to pass.
Everything connected to me will be for nourishment and generational blessing. I will bear fruit for the glory of God. My blessing is connected to the next generation. It will not end with me.
The anointing of fruitfulness will flow through the generations.
In the Jewish tradition, the ram’s horn is blown twice- for the Jubilee year and the Israeli New Year. And in that time, there is supernatural debt cancellation, freeing of captives and release of properties and land.
The Lord says that He will cancel your debts and you will experience total supernatural freedom in 2020. This year God will release forth land to you.
In the Bible, there are four people who went through famine.
- The children of God heard about the famine and saw it but they did not experience the famine in their lives.
- You will see famine but you will not experience it because there is an anointing of fruitfulness over your life
When a drop of water falls on the lotus leaf, it slips off because of the oily coating on it. The oil of anointing is like that. When struggles, challenges and problems come, this anointing will push it off you!
When words against you arise, this anointing will repel it. Every kind of attack will be repelled.
That whole nation may be under famine. All the countries might be facing an economic meltdown. In the midst of that, God will keep you fruitful. In the season of famine, the children of God will keep on growing and increasing.
1) Isaac: Isac sowed in the season of famine when everyone else was weeping about it. This seed grew 30, 60 and a 100 fold. The famine did not affect him. Keep sowing even in the season of famine. You will be fruitful in the midst of that! Don’t be depressed reading the Economic Times. Read the Word and rejoice. You will grow. Don’t be upset about the inflation, price hike etc. Your fruitfulness is decided by the Lord Jesus Christ. Isac got a personal blessing.
2) Jacob: Jacob reached Egypt in the season of famine. Jacob and his children were blessed. He got a family blessing
3) Joseph: Joseph got an international blessing. Pray, worship in famine. You will grow and flourish.
4) Naomi: She went through famine. She left Bethlehem, the house of bread. She lost her family. But she got a generational blessing! There was a Boaz who came into their lives to show mercy and kindness. There was a generation that came forth from Ruth. David and Jesus came through that line. Through them came the Joshua Generation in Kochi! A generation that stands for Jesus Christ the Lord.
The oil of supernatural fruitfulness is generational. You will receive a personal, family level, national, international and generational blessing in Jesus Name.
Joseph was introduced by Pharoah as the Prime Minster. Prime property in Egypt was given to Joseph and his family.
In 2020 there will be divine introductions across the world. The Holy Spirit says- don’t settle for less. Prime properties, materials will be given to the children of God and His church by the Lord Himself.
The Joseph’s brothers went to Egypt only for bread but they received the prime properties of Egypt. Some people just want bread. May you be holders of prime properties for the glory of God.
The anointing of fruitfulness