Preserved By His Power
Sunday sermon by Pastor Rajesh Mathew, 12 April 2020
John 20:1- Now the first day of the week Mary Magdalene went to the tomb early, while it was still dark, and saw that the stone had been taken away from the tomb.
- You have a third day. You will resurrect at some time. The Holy Spirit is saying that all those who have been in pain, in suffering and in death need to now this morning that you will not be destroyed and you will resurrect for the glory of Jesus.
- The disciples John and Peter were nowhere to be seen, though they had heard repeatedly from the Lord that HE will resurrect on the third day. Every time Jesus spoke about His death and crucifixion, it always followed by His assurance about His resurrection.
- But there was this Mary who remembered what the Lord had said and got up to go to the tomb of Jesus, early in the morning when it was still dark.
- We wouldn't allow our wives to go. Most women wouldn’t go too. It would not have been considered safe.
➢ It was still dark ➢ It was outside the city ➢ It was a cemetery! ➢ There were soldiers standing guard!
It had to be her great love towards Jesus that could have driven Mary to go. No matter what dangers you may face, if you love Jesus and desire to see Him, you will still go!
- May you have that desire burning in your hearts to worship, to see the face of Jesus. If yes, then in the midst of your trouble you will still worship and pray. Like John prayed at the island of Patmos.
- Worship and pray in the Holy Spirit wherever you are if you love Jesus.
- If you desire to see Jesus, no matter how big a stone is kept to block you from reaching the Lord, He will ensure that He sends angels to remove that block from your way.
- Mary ran when she saw the stone rolled away. Jesus had risen. He was not there in the tomb. Peter and John heard this and they ran too. Where there is love, there is a running.
- Today if you desire, read the Word, run for him and serve Him.
John 20:11- 11 But Mary stood outside by the tomb weeping, and as she wept she stooped down and looked into the tomb. 12 And she saw two angels in white sitting, one at the head and the other at the feet, where the body of Jesus had lain. 13 Then they said to her, “Woman, why are you weeping?”
- Mary saw Jesus standing there. And the Lord asks her “why are you weeping? If I am alive, why should you cry?” If you have the conviction that Jesus is risen, why would you cry?
- What is FEAR? It is an anticipation of danger. Don't anticipate danger. Why are you afraid if Jesus is with you? If you are convinced, you will not be afraid, you will not be worried, you will not cry. When Jesus is there, why fear? Why worry about your future or about your life.
In this chapter, you will see that Jesus revealed Himself to His disciples.
Before His death and resurrection, even the people who hated Him could come to Him. He revealed Himself to everybody. But after the resurrection He revealed Himself only to His disciples.
In these days, the Holy Spirit will reveal to you what will happen to the earth, what will happen to your family, to the world.
THE 7 ASPECTS OF JESUS REVEALED IN THIS PASSAGE
Verse 16- 6 Jesus said to her, “Mary!” She turned and said to Him, “Rabboni!” (which is to say, Teacher).
- Jesus calls out to Maria and she calls Him Rabboni. Judas never called Jesus Rabboni but only Rabbi. Rabboni means My Lord. Rabbi means Teacher.
- Has He become your Lord? Some people say Church, some others say My church.
- Maria said Rabboni, My Master. The resurrection power comes upon people who say My Lord.
When it becomes personal, there is something you can expect from the Lord. He is my Jesus, my Guru, my Lord.
Verse 22- And with that he breathed on them and said, “Receive the Holy Spirit.
- HE breathed on them the Holy Spirit. The Same Spirit that rose Jesus from the dead will resurrect you. No trouble can kill you.
Some people are going to receive their healing. Let the Power of the Holy Spirit come upon you.
WHEN THE HOLY SPIRIT CAME ON THE DAY OF PENTECOST, 9 THINGS HAPPENED
Acts 2:14 But Peter, standing up with the eleven, raised his voice and said to them, “Men of Judea and all who dwell in Jerusalem, let this be known to you, and heed my words.
- Peter stood and the remaining stood with him.
- When the Holy Spirit comes, you know who to stand with and where to stand. I used to desire to stand with people who God stood with. In Moses’s time, I would have liked to be the Joshua, an Elisha in the time of Elijah, the three mighty men who stood with Daniel. They were passionately doing something for the kingdom. They followed God, fulfilled His will on the earth. If it was in the time of Jesus, I would have written one of the gospels. If it was on the day of Pentecost, I'll be one of the 120 sitting in the upper room waiting for the Holy Spirit.
The Holy Spirit told me that HE has appointed me for this season, to stand in the revival fire of the Holy Spirit.
- Peter raised his Voice
- Celebrate the day of Resurrection. Lift up His Name wherever you are.
Peter raised his voice. He had conviction.
- When the Holy Spirit comes you will have conviction.
- Are you bold enough to say that Jesus is resurrected?
- Are you convinced that there is no other sacrifice but the sacrifice of Jesus that can cleanse you?
- The same Peter who denies Jesus before a maid, now spoke loudly. He was so convinced about the resurrection of Christ that he was even willing to die for Jesus. He was hung upside down. Be generation that stands for Jesus.
- Let this be known to you
- Peter says here, I know but now you all should know. Only the one filled with the Holy Spirit, can say that others too should know.
- You can sit at home and evangelize. At least forward the message to ten people. Be ready to give what you have received.
- Let there be a great thirst.
Acts 2:15- For these are not drunk, as you suppose, since it is only [a]the third hour of the day.
- When the Holy Spirit comes, you know what to say IT is not.
- Peter says that they were not drunk with wine! We are sober. We know who we are - We are the righteousness of God through Jesus Christ.
Acts 2:16- 16 But this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel: ‘And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God, That I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh; Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, Your young men shall see visions, Your old men shall dream dreams.
- When the Holy Spirit comes, you will know what the fulfilment of the prophecy is.
Luke 21:11-12 And there will be great earthquakes in various places, and famines and pestilences; and there will be fearful sights and great signs from heaven. 12 But before all these things, they will lay their hands on you and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues and prisons. You will be brought before kings and rulers for My name’s sake.
- The end is near. The signs are at hand. Many have prophesied. It is a time of a great harvest before the Lord returns.
- One pastor told me teach everyone to give water baptism to people. We are entering into times where people are going to cry and say that they need to be saved.
This is only the beginning of revival. Ask the Lord to help you see the fulfilment of prophecies.
Acts 2:22- 2 “Men of Israel, hear these words: Jesus of Nazareth, a Man attested by God to you by miracles, wonders, and signs which God did through Him in your midst, as you yourselves also know.
- When the Holy Spirit comes, you will lift up Jesus through signs and miracles.
- The God I preach is alive even today! We shall see the greatest manifestation of God’s power.
- God will do miracles for us. Men will be amazed.
Acts 2:32- 32 This Jesus God has raised up, of which we are all witnesses.
- We are witnesses
- When the Holy Spirit comes upon us, we become His witnesses. I am a witness of Jesus Christ. And so is the Holy Spirit.
- Jesus breathed upon them His Holy Spirit.
Acts 2: 33, 34- 33 Therefore being exalted [a]to the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, He poured out this which you now see and hear. 34 “For David did not ascend into the heavens, but he says himself: ‘The Lord said to my Lord, “Sit at My right hand,
- There is an outpouring of anointing and gifting
You can see and hear. He poured out the Holy Spirit. It is an intoxicating power of faith. Pastor says that he was filled with the Holy Spirit at Jos junction while he was driving. Paul received anointing inside his room. Let gifting of the Holy Spirit come upon some people.
Acts 2:36- 36 “Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly that God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ.”
- When the Holy Spirit comes upon you, you know that Jesus Christ is Lord
Once the Holy Spirit comes, it becomes the power of God that preserves us.
Mathew 17:20- 20 So Jesus said to them, “Because of your [a]unbelief; for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you.
This Power not only preserves you, it makes you to move the mountains in your life
How does it happen?
- In verse 20, Jesus says assuredly, if you have faith as small as a seed, your mouth can speak to the mountain and it will move.
- The power of resurrection can remove bondages, sorrows and illnesses can be removed. You have the power to uproot them.
Mountain moving miracle working revival. Mountain of satanic affliction, sins, debts to be uprooted. You have the power and courage to order and command that mountain to move. Long standing, stubborn matters in these days will be uprooted from your life and your church by the power of the Holy Spirit.
It happens if you believe
What is the channel for this power to flow?
- Faith is your channel. If you believe.
Mark 7:37- 37 And they were astonished beyond measure, saying, “He has done all things well. He makes both the deaf to hear and the mute to speak.”
- He has done all things well. How well the Lord will do things for you even during the lock down. Children, ministry, family life---He will do everything well.
Jesus says I will solve your problem and I will do it well
- Jesus was anointed by the Holy Spirit and HE went about doing good. Everybody's issues were resolved
How? By faith. Open your mouth and speak. The disciples had living faith but not for deliverance. Unbelief stops your mountains from being uprooted.
Remove the “UN” from unbelief.
UN stands for the following:
- UNSTABLE NATURE --- This means that you are neutral. These don’t have faith. They
want to please everybody. You have to cancel neutrality. The Lord says, he who is not with me is against Me.
- UNCONVERTED NOMINALISM- This means that you are a nominal Christian. Only has
the tag of a Christian but no power.
- UNCERTAIN NOTION- This means that you are someone who is not sure of things.
Somebody asked a child ‘what is your faith?’ The child replies, ‘my faith is the faith of the church’. When asked, ‘what is the faith of your church?’ the child replies, ‘the faith of the church is my faith’. Just not sure! You have to be certain about certain things.
➢ Be sure of the Bible. ➢ Be sure about God. ➢ Be sure that if you pray, God will hear. ➢ Be sure of the sacrifice of Jesus Christ. He has broken the power of your sin and His
Blood is sufficient for you. ➢ Be sure of your authority in Christ
- UNBECOMING NAUGHTINESS- This means that you want to test god. Thomas said only
if I touch Your wound I'll believe. Someone who walked with Christ for three long years and wanted to die with Jesus is now doubting.
- UNREALISTIC NEGLIGENCE- Want faith but neglected the promises of God, neglected
fellowship, neglected the covering of the Men of God. Study from God's Word, fellowship with God's saints. Take the Promise of God
Mark 5:36- 36 As soon as Jesus heard the word that was spoken, He said to the ruler of the synagogue, “Do not be afraid; only believe.”
- Only believe. Do not fear. Mountains will be uprooted.
- Only those who truly call upon the Lord will be able to stand in the last days.
- I want to be real before God, genuine before God.
Romans 4:19-20- 19 And not being weak in faith, he did not consider his own body, already dead (since he was about a hundred years old), and the deadness of Sarah’s womb. 20 He did not waver at the promise of God through unbelief, but was strengthened in faith, giving glory to God, • Underline considered not.
- In faith there is an aspect “consider not”. If your faith has to be strong, there are some things that you should not consider.
- Be strong in the faith.
- Explosive power of the Holy Spirit come upon you!