Sunday sermon on 7 June 2020 by Pastor Rajesh Mathew
Genesis 7:11- 11 In the six hundredth year of Noah’s life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, on that day all the fountains of the great deep were broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened.
- A portal means a doorway, gate or other entrance, especially a large and an imposing one.
- The scripture above says that the windows of heaven were opened.
- The Holy Spirit gave pastor just this one thing- GOD WILL GIVE YOU AN OPEN HEAVEN!
What does this mean?
Psalms 78:21-23- Therefore the LORD heard this and was furious; So a fire was kindled against Jacob, And anger also came up against Israel, 22 Because they did not believe in God, And did not trust in His salvation. 23 Yet He had commanded the clouds above, And opened the doors of heaven,
Ezekiel 1:1- 1 Now it came to pass in the thirtieth year, in the fourth month, on the fifth day of the month, as I was among the captives by the River Chebar, that the heavens were opened and I saw visions of God.
- Heavens were opened and visions were seen.
Deuteronomy 28:12- 12 The Lord will open to you His good [a]treasure, the heavens, to give the rain to your land in its season, and to bless all the work of your hand. You shall lend to many nations, but you shall not borrow.
- Open heaven is spoken as a good treasure.
- Even if you have no other treasure, there is no greater joy than having open heavens above you.
- Lord, send forth your rains upon my life through open heavens. The rain of the anointing descend upon you.
- When this blessing comes upon you, you will lend to the nations. When heavens open up upon you, you will not borrow.
The Holy Spirit is saying that there is going to be supernatural debt cancellation. There is going a difference in your financial situation. An end to borrowing!
In the midst of this recession, the heavens will open over the children of God.
- You won’t continue saying, “nothing is working in my life even after coming to church and worshipping”. That period is over.
- Heavens will open over your homes. His blessings will fall upon your home.
Malachi 3:10- Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, That there may be food in My house, And try Me now in this,” Says the Lord of hosts, “If I will not open for you the windows of heaven And pour out for you such blessing That there will not be room enough to receive it.
- There are two words: 1) Open doors and windows. There are segments in heaven. There are doors and windows too. If it is a big house, small windows on a big house will look odd. It needs big and majestic looking doors.
- God says, I am making mansions for you and I will take you to where I am.
- If you have an assurance that heavens are open above you, your life will not be the same again!
- God says that I will send forth blessings through large doors and windows. If you receive this in the Holy Spirit your life will not be the same.
WHAT ARE THE SIGNS OF OPEN HEAVENS ABOVE YOU?
- You will have a rain of abundance
Genesis 7:11, 17-18- 11 In the six hundredth year of Noah’s life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, on that day all the fountains of the great deep were broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened. 17 Now the flood was on the earth forty days. The waters increased and lifted up the ark, and it rose high above the earth. 18 The waters prevailed and greatly increased on the earth, and the ark moved about on the surface of the waters.
- When the windows of heaven were opened, it rained for 40 days!
- “Now”—let this happen ‘Now’ in your life!
- Exceedingly increased waters. This refers to a season of blessing though it means God’s judgement here in these specific verses. This, for us, is the rain of blessing and not of judgement.
- You will see visions and dreams
You are amidst captives and it is not a great situation.
In the midst of this season, even when the entire world is under lockdown, the Holy Spirit is saying that heaven are not locked down. In these days, I will increase the anointing upon your life. I will give you visions and dreams. I will release new gifting from within you.
John 1:51- 51 And He said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, hereafter[a] you shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of Man.”
Acts 10:11- 11 and saw heaven opened and an object like a great sheet bound at the four corners, descending to him and let down to the earth.
- Peter saw the heavens opened when he was praying. If heavens are opened above you, then your spiritual status changes. You will see spiritual visions.
- That means that God will show you the plan for your life.
Vision is the direction for your life. Plans, ways and directions for your life will be revealed to you by God. God will show you what the next step is.
- Many people see visions for the neighbours! ☺
- Do you need go back to the gulf? No, God will open another way for you.
The Holy Spirit is saying to someone who is contemplating going back to another country, “You are thinking about going to another nation. But if you plough in your own backyard, you will have enough to bless your family and your children. Heavens will open over you”
- May God show you the next plans and ways for your life.
- John was sent to the island of Patmos as an exile. He was locked down there. John saw open heavens there. And wrote the book of Revelations. Even today we preach what he wrote then. And even after Jesus returns and even during the anti-Christ and even during the establishment of the new heavens and new earth, The Book of Revelations will be read.
- The vision that you receive during this lockdown period for your business, for your children, will not just remain inside of you, it will bless your family and your generations. Receive this in the Holy Spirit.
The Holy Spirit says that you will not lose your relevance.
Songs that will be relevant for ever, certain sermons, certain messages, certain business ideas and certain plans, God is releasing over the church through open heavens. It is not through your abilities and reasoning but by the Holy Spirit.
- Rain of righteousness
Isaiah 45:8- “Rain down, you heavens, from above, And let the skies pour down righteousness; Let the earth open, let them bring forth salvation, And let righteousness spring up together. I, the Lord, have created it.
- You will experience another level of purity and sanctification. Not just your public life but even your private life. There will be a supernatural grace to walk in holiness.
- Even your secret thought life, will be made pure and holy by the supernatural rain.
- To be carnally minded is death but to be spiritual minded is life.
- Not to walk in the flesh but to walk under the unction of the Holy Spirit. The rains from heavens are falling, get drenched in this rain.
- The bondages of sin that you are unable to overcome in your strength will be broken by the supernatural work of the Holy Spirit.
God is raising a generation, young people who are holy unto God. Not just in your clothes, in your minds, in your conduct, in your attitudes and in your ways, to work righteousness.
There is a supernatural unique grace that God is releasing upon all those who minister with me. A RAIN OF RIGHTEOUSNESS will be sent forth through open heavens. Not to walk in sin but walk in victory over sin.
- Be holy for the Lord thy God is Holy.
- You cannot keep on sinning and get to heaven. While you are here on the earth, take that victory. It is possible by His grace, in his Word, through obedience, it is possible!
- It is possible to come out of that wrong relationship. No matter how entangled you may be in that relationship, you can come out!
A holy vessel is an awful vessel in the Presence of God for the glory of God.
- The Holy Spirit River is flowing in this place. Take it!
- Let the chains of sin and unrighteous relationships be broken. Wrong attitudes be broken. Let your heart, mind and attitudes become holy. Let your relationships become holy.
- May you be enveloped by the Glory of God! An experience like as if you are being enveloped by a mantle of His presence.
HOW DO YOU PROVOKE THE HEAVENLY PORTAL TO BE OPENED FOR YOU?
- Delightsome and prompt obedience
Deuteronomy 1:28- 28 Where can we go up? Our brethren have [a]discouraged our hearts, saying, “The people are greater and taller than we; the cities are great and fortified up to heaven; moreover we have seen the sons of the Anakim there.” ’
You are delighted to obey the Lord.
- In John 2, Mary says do whatever Jesus tells you to.
- Jesus said, have faith and get baptised. Obey Him.
Malachi 3:10 says that if you bring you tithes and offerings in obedience, God will open windows of heaven.
- It is in obedience that divine portals are opened. When you pray, you need to forgive first and then you pray for answers to come. Some have been praying for years and have got no answers because of the bitterness and unforgiveness they have in their hearts.
- I heard something—a mother in law remarks that even if it takes the death of my son to see my daughter –in- law cry, so be it! Get rid of such bitterness!
- If you walk like that, you will have no heavenly portals opening for you in fact, you will have the hell’s portals below opening instead.
Christian life is a life of forgiveness.
- In obedience is blessing
- Prophetic intervention and declarations
1 Kings 17:1- And Elijah the Tishbite, of the inhabitants of Gilead, said to Ahab, “As the Lord God of Israel lives, before whom I stand, there shall not be dew nor rain these years, except at my word.”
2 Kings 7:2- 2 So an officer on whose hand the king leaned answered the man of God and said, “Look, if the Lord would make windows in heaven, could this thing be?” And he said, “In fact, you shall see it with your eyes, but you shall not eat of it.”
- Elijah shut the windows and Elisha opened the windows.
- If you receive what the Men of God placed above you prophetically declare over you, you will see heaves open above you.
- When people who hear God’s voice and speak to you, take it. What they speak shall happen.
That is why the Word says to use our tongue only to bless.
- You need to receive the prophetic declarations spoken.
A fatherly blessing is important. It opens spiritual realm instantly. It is also referred to as the Blessing of the Fathers.
- Jacob blessed his descendants prophetically. It is a spiritual declaration.
Some fathers of faith- Reinhard Bonke, Rhodney Howard Brown. They placed their hands. I still have that in my spirit. When my spiritual father laid hands and baptised me and prophetically spoke over my life, it is still deposited in my spirit. It brings in a richness in the spiritual realm. Wow! I wish this was a Sunday morning church. I see some people in the spirit and I wish I could lay hands over them and speak over their lives. I see some people in the spirit.
May you never NEVER NEVER NEVER offend a fatherly figure! May you never never never discount a prophetic word that comes over your life!
- Some of you here are facing difficulties and challenges in your life because of the things spoken over you by some people in authority. This morning the Holy Spirit is removing that from your life.
- Call upon the Name of Jesus. Ask God for forgiveness. Your elders have died and there is no way you can reach them or ask them for forgiveness. You are broken because of the curses
spoken over your life.’ God is breaking away that sorrow from you. If they are alive, go meet them in person.
- Keep giving. It doesn’t matter what the situation is.
- Give to the poor. Psalm 40 says if you give to the poor, you are lending unto God. If you lend to God, the interest rate is very high. God will pay you back with interest and all.
- GIVE! He will never forget your giving.
- Give your parents.
Your giving will influence your living. It is not salary that makes you. It is giving that makes you.
- Faith filled confession and declarations
- If you have faith, your words should reveal that.
Psalms 78:22- Because they did not believe in God, And did not trust in His salvation.
- If you have faith, you must speak! Speak faith and you will see rain.
Never speak doubt then you will only see drought.
There are three stages: 1. Never enough 2. Just enough 3. More than enough
I speak it over your life. The “more than enough” anointing is coming over you! Of grace, faith, victory, provision, finances, peace is coming over your life. A more than enough anointing upon you!
Mathew 18 says whatever you bind on the earth will be bound in heaven andwhat you loosend on earth will be loosened in heaven.
The stop and start button is your mouth.
- You stop your blessing with your own mouth.
- I tell my wife, “Money is never a problem for us. We have more than enough. We only need vision”. God will always make sure that there is enough money in our lives. I did not speak what is the reality now but what is going to be the reality in future.
Isaiah 3:10- Say to the righteous, it shall be well with you.
- Say it “it shall be well with me”.
- Good will come. ONLY good will come. You need to keep saying that.
I look at my older daughter and say, “You are my first one. You will excel in everything that you do.”
- Your gate shall be continuously open! Afternoon, night, morning, the doors of blessing will be opened for you.
- Keep always the kingdom of God advancement and enlargement before you
Mathew 6:33- Seek ye first the Kingdoms of God and all other things shall be added unto you.
- Prayer and fasting
Mathew 3:16- 6 When He had been baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened to Him, and [a]He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting upon Him.
- If you are lamb, the heavenly dove will come upon you. The heavenly dove did not come upon a dog or a pig
Luke 3:22- 22 And the Holy Spirit descended in bodily form like a dove upon Him, and a voice came from heaven which said, “You are My beloved Son; in You I am well pleased.”
- When he prayed, the heavens opened
Acts 10:10-11- 10 Then he became very hungry and wanted to eat; but while they made ready, he fell into a trance 11 and saw heaven opened and an object like a great sheet bound at the four corners, descending to him and let down to the earth.
- The Peter who was fasting and praying saw the vision of open heavens. There are things that you need that only a fast can release into your life.
- Somebody else fasting is not what I mean but you fasting for what you need!
- God wants to see how desperate you are. How serious you are about what you need?
- The Word says, covet spiritual gifts.
Say to the Lord, “I want to grow in you. I want to come closer to you.” The Holy Spirit will certainly come upon you.
- Praise and thanksgiving
- Praise and thanksgiving and worship causes God to rend the heavens and come down.
- Have praise moments. As soon as you wake up, your neighbour should hear you praise HIM. That will bring the rains down.
- Some of you need to be radical praisers. Even if you don’t know anything else, just praise the Lord till you sense HIS presence come upon you!
Radical praisers will enjoy open heavens.
- When Jesus died on the Cross, He gave you and me an entry into heavens through the Sacrifice on the Cross. Thank Him for it! THANK YOU JESUS