Preservation in Christ
22nd March 2020, Sunday sermon by Pastor Rajesh Mathew, Cornerstone Church
This morning, let us be strengthened in the Word of God. There is only one thing that doesn’t change and that will continue to remain. That is His Word.
Colossians 3:1-3- If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God. Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth. For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God.
- Your life is hidden with God in Christ. If the children of God are hidden in Christ, then no disease can touch them. Nothing can come near you, trouble you or cause you pain.
- No disease can touch you. You are victorious in Christ Jesus.
- In Christ means INSIDE of Christ. The God who preserves you is Christ. Our God is a God who preserves us.
- This world is full of sin and disease. But there is a God who preserves you in this world.
- Some people are born again only to make it to heaven.
1 Timothy 4:7-8- But reject profane and old wives’ fables, and exercise yourself toward godliness. For bodily exercise profits a little, but godliness is profitable for all things, having promise of the life that now is and of that which is to come.
Not just eternal life. Bur even on this earth if you walk the way you are commanded, it has its benefits.
Hebrews 6:9- But, beloved, we are confident of better things concerning you, yes, things that accompany salvation, though we speak in this manner.
- This verse talks about things that accompany salvation. Which means together with salvation, there are things that accompany it here on the earth.
- You being born again, anointed, walking in holiness and godliness is not useless. It is not profitable only for in eternity but even in your life here on the earth.
When you are in Christ, benefits are not just for salvation but there are blessings for you here on the earth too.
WHAT ARE THE BLESSINGS?
- Divine health
Peter 2:24- 24 who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness—by whose [a]stripes you were healed.
- There is healing by the stripes of Jesus.
- Supernatural supply Revelation 5:12- saying with a loud voice: “Worthy is the Lamb who was slain To receive power and riches and wisdom, And strength and honor and glory and blessing!”
- Wealth, wisdom, strength and honour is available for you
2 Corinthians 8:9- For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though He was rich, yet for your sakes He became poor, that you through His poverty might become rich.
Isaiah 7: 21-22- It shall be in that day that a man will keep alive a young cow and two sheep; 22 So it shall be, from the abundance of milk they give, That he will eat curds; For curds and honey everyone will eat who is left in the land.
- If you put down your roots, you will bear fruit.
- The remnant of the people who were taken into captivity finished everything they had. No cattle and sheep were left. Only one cow and two sheep that they had brought them prosperity.
- In these trying times, even if you have little, the Lord will cause you prosper with that little.
Trying times may come, but the Lord will bless you and will release supernatural provision.
- Divine preservation
- God has actually hidden you in Christ.
- A tender coconut has water inside of it. If anybody needs this water, they need to first break open the shell. Just like that the Lord has hidden you in Christ.
- Only those who have complete confidence in this truth are the one who can cast out demons, who will not be afraid of black magicians and will not be scared of diseases
Revelation determines your manifestation.
- You are like the water in the tender coconut. If anybody has to touch you they have to first break the shell.
- The devil cannot touch you. Just worship Him the in the Spirit.
The one who wants to confront, collapse and conquer you will first have to confront and conquer Christ.
- You are not reachable for the enemy. This virus cannot touch you.
- When you go to zoos, you will find Lions inside a cage. The lion can see you, intimidate and wish that it could eat you, but it cannot come near you. Similarly the devil can desire to destroy you but no devil on the earth is permitted to touch you or take your life before it is time.
- No demon, person or disease, can determine how long you will live except the Lord. The keys of Life and death are with HIM.
- The Lord has preserved us in the Ark, in His blood He has preserved us and kept us. If you understand this, you will give glory to God.
HOW HAS THE LORD PRESERVED YOU IN CHRIST JESUS?
1) He has preserved you by His Life
You have a share of the life of Christ. It is indestructible life.
John 1:12- But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name.
If you have received Christ, you are given the authority to be a child of God.
- No dog is more doggy than the other dog - No lion is more lionny than the other lion - No goat is more goatty than the other goat.
If you are a child of God, you are just like Him, the same life is flowing through you.
- Jesus is the Son of God and when you accepted Him you became sons of God. Whatever is in Jesus, it is upon you.
- Why doesn’t this manifest? This doesn’t manifest because many of us are not aware.
Anecdote: One man was given crores of rupees by his father. All that money was in his bank account. But he never knew that and he never once withdrew money from there. He continued to live poor. Many children of God are like that. They don’t know what they have in Christ Jesus. If you know this, you will be able to experience this Life of Christ from this moment forth.
1 John 4:4- You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.
- You are of God. You have originated from God. Therefore, the One in you is greater than he that is in the world.
What is in the you?
Galatians 2:20-21- I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died [a]in vain.”
- You have Christ living in you.
1 Corinthians 6:17- 17 But he who is joined to the Lord is one spirit with Him.
Jesus Christ is within you. You are one with Christ. Wherever you go, you do not go alone.
- You have Christ in you. If Christ is in you, but you are preserved in Jesus Christ.
- People who have truly received Christ and who worship the Lord in Spirit and truth need to know that greater is the one that is in them than he in the world.
- What helps you is the presence of Jesus that is in you. Christ in you is the Hope of glory.
Can anybody make Jesus a diseased person and can anybody oppress and press down Christ? Then how can anybody do that to you?
John 10:18- No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This command I have received from My Father.”
- Jesus is saying this---Nobody can take MY life.
John 19:10- 10 Then Pilate said to Him, “Are You not speaking to me? Do You not know that I have power to crucify You, and power to release You?”
- If the authority hasn’t been given to you, then no authority can be exercised by you over me- Jesus tells Pilate.
- Unless heaven permits, no one can touch you.
- Even if 100 Pilates come against you, it is not possible to destroy or kill you.
Luke 4:28- 30- So all those in the synagogue, when they heard these things, were filled with [a]wrath, and rose up and thrust Him out of the city; and they led Him to the brow of the hill on which their city was built, that they might throw Him down over the cliff. Then passing through the midst of them, He went His way.
- A crowd came to destroy him. Jesus was able to just walk away from the crowd. Before it is time, no enemy can destroy you. God will make a way for you to walk away in the midst of the enemies.
- Even if you walk in the midst of danger, the Holy Spirit will bring you to the other side. Nobody can harm you.
Corona cannot touch you. That doesn’t mean you go around walking all over the place. Obey the instructions by the authorities.
- God told Elijah to hide by the brook and Noah was told to remain in the ark. They obeyed.
- But we need to just know that nobody can destroy you and put you in danger. You will come out unhurt, you will come forth giving glory unto the Lord.
John 8:58-59- 58 Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.” 59 Then they took up stones to throw at Him; but Jesus hid Himself and went out of the temple, going[a] through the midst of them, and so passed by.
- Whoever come to throw stones at you, God will protect you and fight for you. God will keep you.
2) He has preserved you by His Power
Luke 10:19- Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you.
- NOTHING shall by any means hurt you.
- He has given you power to tread upon serpents and scorpions and over all power of the enemy. Nothing can hurt you.
- You have divine immunity, divine protection. You are preserved by the grace of God. Receive this authority
- At the age of 35 don’t walk around like a 60 year old.
- There is a life of Christ. The same power that rose Christ Jesus from the dead live in you to quicken your mortal body.
- Let the fears and bondages be broken
3) He has preserved you by His death
You are preserved by the death of Christ on the Cross.
John 18:3, 7-9- Then Judas, having received a detachment of troops, and officers from the chief priests and Pharisees, came there with lanterns, torches, and weapons. Jesus therefore, knowing all things that would come upon Him, went forward and said to them, “Whom are you seeking?” When He asked them again, “Whom are you seeking?” And they said, “Jesus of Nazareth.” Jesus answered, “I have told you that I am He. Therefore, if you seek Me, let these go their way,” that the saying might be fulfilled which He spoke, “Of those whom You gave Me I have lost none.”
- Jesus was praying in the garden of Gethsemane. Judas came with a set of soldiers and Jesus asked them, who they were looking for and they said that they were looking for Jesus.
- Jesus replies and says, “I am HE”. All of them fell down when he said that.
- Verse 8 says “If you are looking for ME, let the others go.”
- Since are looking or Jesus, we can freely go!
- Jesus, in other words, meant,” I am ready to die. I am willing to give myself to you, but on one condition, free those who are with me. Let them go free. You can’t touch them”.
- Jesu was ready to give up his life for you. No corona virus can touch you. You are preserved in Christ Jesus.
- A Saviour’s love so great! Can you imagine this?!
- I am willing to die dangerously, that they may live gloriously. - I am willing to die a painful death so that they may live painlessly.
- I am willing to die even a violent death so we can live victoriously.
- A saviour gave Himself up for me. Thank Him for His great love
- He died young that you might live long.
- This truth should become a revelation. Most of the message you receive in WhatsApp and other media are so negative. If you receive this Word, you will have hope.
- You can live courageously because the blood of Jesus speaks for you.
4) He has preserved by His Resurrection
Ephesians 1:19-22- 19 and what is the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who believe, according to the working of His mighty power 20 which He worked in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places, 21 far above all principality and power and might and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in that which is to come. 22 And He put all things under His feet, and gave Him to be head over all things to the church,
Ephesians 2:6- and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,
- God has placed you above with Christ. Corona virus in earthly. Problems are in the world but where are you seated?
- You are seated with Christ in the Heavenly places
The things that bring you fear are actually under your feet.
- There is a big difference between the satellite TV and local TV. Satellite TV is above. If you understand that you are seated with Christ in the heavenly places, the problems are under you.
- You are digital!
- No need to be fearful. God is moved by faith. Fear draws the power of the enemy, faith draws the power of God.
- The way you think and act should reflect faith. This Life is manifested by faith in God.
- It should be seen in your words- Don’t speak negatively, 2. It should be seen in your thoughts 3. It should be seen in your actions- In worship in prayer.
- When you do these, you are activating faith. God will move for you. Your faith is activated by the Word of God.
Psalm 91:4- He shall cover you with His feathers, And under His wings you shall take refuge; His truth shall be your shield and [a]buckler.
- His Truth shall be your shield and Buckler- His Word is a shield. You must activate the life of God by communion
John 6:54-57- 54 Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. 55 For My flesh is [a]food indeed, and My blood is [b]drink indeed. 56 He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood abides in Me, and I in him. 57 As the living Father sent Me, and I live because of the Father, so he who feeds on Me will live because of Me.
- You are preserved and sustained. Jesus says, just like how the Father sustained me, I will sustain you. Just like how my Father made me live, I will make you live!