Sunday Sermon by Pastor Rajesh Mathew, 28 Feb 2021
Genesis 45:13- And ye shall tell my father of all my glory in Egypt, and of all that ye have seen; and ye shall haste and bring down my father hither.
- It is possible to see the glory. God’s glory will manifest forth in a manner that can be seen. God is moving us into that realm.
The Holy Spirit is going bring about a shift in your situations.
- God has kept a glory encounter for His children. Jacob was asleep in a place and he mentions that he did not know that God was there in that place. Some of you are sitting like that, as if you do not think that God is here! If you know that the Lord is here, keep giving Him glory, keep praising and worshipping Him.
- Joseph in this verse is speaking to his brothers--- “tell my father.” The brothers had seen Joseph the last time in a pit without clothes and as a slave being led away by the traders. Now they were seeing a prime minister. Certain positions, authorities were given to him. His house, his table, his vehicles, his chariots, his walk and the greatness were what they were seeing. They would have said, “WOW, this is amazing!” Joseph is saying to his brothers- ‘go tell my father’.
Certain situations are going to change. People are going to see the change. They may have thought you will never rise again, you will never progress but the Holy Spirit is saying that he has kept a glory shift in your life, right in front of their eyes. God is going to give you greatness in the midst of those who made fun of you and vexed you.
Foundational truths about GLORY
- GLORY CAN BE SEEN
- There is nothing called hidden glory. It will be very obvious.
Isaiah 40:3-5- 3The voice of one crying in the wilderness:
“Prepare the way of the Lord;
Make straight [b]in the desert
A highway for our God.
4Every valley shall be exalted
And every mountain and hill brought low;
The crooked places shall be made [c]straight
And the rough places smooth;
5The glory of the Lord shall be revealed,
And all flesh shall see it together;
For the mouth of the Lord has spoken.”
- It is possible to see the glory. It will be very obvious. Men will see it. We do not need to pray and ask God to enable them to see. They WILL see it-- your finances being blessed, your children being blessed, your family life being blessed. God’s visitation is always very obvious. You will know for sure that He has touched you.
2 Corinthians 3:18- And we all, who with unveiled faces behold the Lord's glory, are beingtransformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who isthe Spirit.
- Beholding means “taking a look”. The Hebrew word for Glory is Shekinah. This word is not seen in the Bible. Shekinah means manifested glory.
- Kenneth Hagen used to read scriptures on glory. Even when he used just read them (not preach them), the Presence of God used to manifest on people, they would get slain, they would fall under His power etc.
- Even in the Old testament, the glory of God was revealed in the form of a cloud during the day and a pillar of fire during the night. The Israelites saw it.
You will see the effect and influence of Glory.
John 11:40- Then Jesus said, "Did I not tell you that if you believe, you will see the glory of God?"
- Martha is seen giving excuses to Jesus that implied that the Lord had turned up late. Lazarus was dead three days ago and he may be stinking. Stink Is not an issue for God. He was not even bothered about those statements.
- Even when situations look stinking and the devil tries to bring you down, God says, ‘just believe and your will see the glory of God.’ (If you believe)
All those situations that look stinky and dead, God has kept a glory in the midst of it.
Those who discussed about you in private will acknowledge you publicly. Your test is about to become your testimony.
- GLORY IS ABOUT CHANGE
- Joseph says: “tell my father you don’t need to worry about me. Changes have happened in my life because of God’s glory. Don’t be, father. I am not a slave, I am not destroyed. God lifted me up in Egypt. God honoured me. Let me father know! I am no longer at the mercy of somebody. Changes have happened for me. I am changed from glory to glory.”
- Where the glory descends changes occur. Not one person from Israel was in Egypt during Joseph’s time. But God helped him. He knew that he did not need anybody to help me. God was his helper.
- CHANGES! Tell My father- ‘you sold me cheap but look what has happened to me’.
The Holy Spirit is saying to some young people, “no pornography, no drugs. Things are changing. It is the glory of God. You don’t need to set any wicked thing on front of your eyes”
- Joseph says, ‘I am in a place of possibility now, I can help you. Go, bring my father. I want to help my brothers.
- Take it as a prophecy over your life--- Changes are going to happen in your home. From zero to surplus. Positive changes are coming.
The Holy Spirit is saying that this year is a year of positive changes. You will keep giving testimonies at the end of this year about the changes in your children’s life, in your heath, youryour business. There will be testimonies pouring in from you all by the end of this year.
Job 14:14- If a man dies, shall he live again? all the days of my appointed time will I wait,till my change come.
- There is no doubt that change will come. I will wait till my change comes. There is a change and shift. Don’t doubt the change that will come.
- I won’t be a borrower but a lender. There will be changes in the ministry, in your finances, and in your family life.
- GLORY WILL MAKE IT HAPPEN
- The Jewish people were hated by the Egyptians. The Jews would never go to Egypt if they wanted to progress. There were no chances of them growing in Egypt. But glory will make it happen.
- COVID 19 may make it impossible for businesses to flourish but His glory will make you increase. It is not a friendly place. It an enemy territory. But I have a blessing there. In the midst of my enemies God is preparing a table.
It doesn’t matter where you are; what matters is who you are in.
- If you are in Christ and if you call upon Jesus, if you worship Him in spirit and in truth and if you obey His word, no matter where you are, God will bless you.
- It doesn’t matter whether it is convenient or inconvenient. Circumstances won’t determine your blessing. Jesus never fails, Jesus never fails; Man of the world may let you down but Jesus never fails. ‘I have a God who will never let go of me’.
Ecclesiastes 11:4- Whoever watches the wind will not plant; whoever looks at the cloudswill not reap.
Don’t look for a conducive environment. Don’t wait for the situations to improve for you to prosper. Even in Egypt you can prosper.
- Glory is about God. It is not about Egypt of Jerusalem.
- We all have excuses for why the glory cannot come. Joseph could say, I am not an Egyptian, I do not have connections or contacts. But he knew that the One who called him is faithful and the One who gave him visions and dreams is faithful.
- Keep your refuge in the Holy Spirit who has called you. No matter what your situations are, heaven will find ways to bless and honour you.
- Don’t look for reasons why you cannot be blessed. Don’t blame the boss, or counterparts. But look to God, ask forgiveness when you need to and take refuge in God. • In John 5, God says to a man lying by the pool paralysed for 38 years and always had others rushing ahead before him to get their healing-- Let others be blessed, so what?! • God will send His glory over you. Let other be blessed. Be happy for them.
YOU SHALL TELL MY FATHER OF ALL MY GLORY
- GLORY IS NOT UNIDIMENSIONAL. IT IS MULTIDIMENSIONAL.
- The different attributes of God is comprised in the word ‘Glory’. The Greek word for glory is DOXA. It means splendour, beauty, dignity, status, influence, empowerment. There are different dimensions of glory. In Hebrew, glory means ‘Kabod’.
- Your beauty will increase not by your make up. But by His glory.
Mathew 16:27- For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.
- The Lord will return in great glory. There is a change in the situations. They may have seen The Lord crucified and dying but God had kept a glory for Jesus.
- KABOD means weight.
- DOXA means character of God- the brightness, the cleanliness. There is no darkness in His glory. It refers to the light of God’s countenance. The image of God upon you. God is spirit. There will be changes in your spirit. Not just outwardly changes but more godliness, righteousness, love, holiness. This is DOXA.
- That is why Joseph was able to forgive his brothers. He said, ‘Do not be afraid, I won’t destroy you. I will help you because there is a change inside of me, God’s glory is within me.’
Romans 3:23- All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.
- Sin is the opposite of glory. Declare this- ‘In the name of Jesus, I am not a slave of sin. The bondage of sin is broken. I am inheriting the glory of God. There is an impartation of the glory of God.’
- The Word says in the Book of Matthew, Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like the lilies. It is not possible for you to adorned the way God’s glory can adorn you. Solomon’s glory was his wealth.
- God’s glory is multidimensional. It is not just outwardly, it is inward. Don’t limit God. Some may want only physical manifestations, some only spiritual. But God’s glory is multidimensional. All of my glory. Holiness, morality, light, prosperity, beauty, influence, All of the glory.
Glory is not just about righteousness but also about riches.
It is not only about money but about manners.
It is not only about honour but about humility.
It is not only about charisma but also about character.
It is not only about what you have but about who you are.
It is not only about possession but also about position.
It is not only about affluence but also about influence.
It is not only about who you are with God but also about who you are in the community.
The Word says, ‘Man may see your good works and glorify the father in heaven”. Glory is both together- DOXA and KABOD.
- ALL GLORY IS GOOD
Declare- I am receiving the impartation of God’s glory. I am ready to be filled with the glory of God.
Liquid Glory. Let that dryness leave. Impartation to happen.
The Mississippi state has a place called Rhodney. In the 1800s, there was a river there in that town. It was one of the most booming towns. Fields, businesses, cotton factories, schools, churches, people began to come into that town because of that river. But in the 1900s, this river began to change its course and it started moving outside from the town, the growth stopped, businesses ended, schools closed. The town became empty. It is referred to as the ghost city. It was only about the river shifting its course.
- The river of the Holy Spirit is Liquid glory. If you respond to the Presence of the Holy Spirit. That same river will bring change into your circumstances. Take it!
- Joseph is saying go tell my father about ALL THE GLORY.
- The river did not change its course for Joseph. He walked in the fear of God. He walked looking unto His face. If God gave him glory in Egypt. How much more will God give His Liquid glory to His church! LIQUID GLORY!!!!!!!!
- Release your burdens into His presence. Enter into the river. Some of you are only bathing in the mind, enter in enter in the spirit. get into the river of the Holy Spirit.
- When you enter into a river, who carries your burdens in the river? The river carries it, no longer you…
- Potiphar said, ‘there is a different spirit in joseph, in him is the spirit of the gods’. Get into the river of Life. Let His Glory manifest and descend over your life. Do not carry your burdens; release it.
- In the last day of the feast, Jesus got up and said, let him come to me whoever is thirsty. On the last day of the festivities, He said this. Nothing remarkable had happened during the festivities and it was already the last day. But Jesus says, the matter is not about outwardly rituals but of your heart. If you open your heart and are hungry, the river of Life and the life giving waters will still flow for you. It is not your breathe but the life of God
- GOD’s glory is His life, His nature, His breathe. Not your life. But His very life. When you drink of it, when you swim in it, when you immerse yourself in it, every disease will leave you. God’s life will flow.
- Enter into God’s liquid glory.
- How can God fill you if you do not open the lid of the bottle. The Doxa and the Kabod will be manifested in Christ. Christ in you is the hope of glory. It is not just a doctrinal truth but an experience. You can see it, you can feel it. May you have experiences of His Word.