Anointing to Break Forth - Part II
Sunday sermon by Pastor Rajesh Mathew, 30 May 2021
1 Samuel 10:1- Then Samuel took a flask of oil and poured it on his head, and kissed him andsaid: “Is it not because the LORD has anointed you commander over His [a]inheritance?
- Saul had set out to look for his missing donkeys and ends up being anointed as the Commander. There was a status change! Today his status was changing. God was making him a captain.
Wherever you are, if the Holy Spirit descends to where you are, your status will change. He will change you into the person that he wants you to be.
Your story will change. God will make you a captain in the field that you are in.
- Not only will you get back what you have lost, but He will make you the head and captain in the place, sector and the area that God has chosen for you.
More superior to education is salvation and anointing.
- It doesn’t matter what your background is. If God’s oil descends upon you, wherever you are, he can change you into a person with a higher story.
- The story of your life is going to change. May the Presence of the Lord show up in your room in your home. That glory has come into your home.
- I am someone who has experienced this anointing in my life. When the anointing comes, there are many blessings. Youngsters and children are easier to teach than the older. Saul was young and he went out looking for missing donkeys. When he was anointed, he just believed whatever the prophet said and do not question or reason. Take it joyfully!
- When the anointing comes, delays will leave. Delay is ‘slow motion’. The lockdown has resulted in slow motion. The Anointing will bring speed.
Joshua 13:1- Now Joshua was old, advanced in years. And the Lord said to him: “You are old, advanced in years, and there remains very much land yet to be possessed.
- Joshua was old and stricken in age and there was still land left to conquer. You have not achieved what you were supposed to achieve. You are saying that you have grown too old but you have so much more of the promise land to possess.
The Holy Spirit is saying that you have miles to go. There are many things that God wants to do through your life. This word is for some senior citizens.
What you couldn’t achieve in youth or middle age, God will cause you to achieve in your old age. One year is too much for God to work in your life.
- God id saying you have miles to go before you sleep. God has kept the land for you. God wants to do things through you.
- Stagnation is the failure to progress and grow. There is a spiritual realm where you are stuck in one place without any growth or movement, God knows what it is for you and me to go through stagnation with no progress and no growth.
- In Genesis 1, we see that that there was no growth, the earth was formless and void. But the Holy Spirit was hovering over the water, and in verse 3 God said, ‘let there be light’. (this was before the sun, moon and stars were created). This was the Light beyond the sun and moon that was able to dispel all darkness.
- Let there be light. Let that stagnation leave. Proclaim it with your own mouth. Let there be speed in Jesus Name. Command light to come forth. Call it forth.
- In 1 Kings 18 we see that Elijah was praying on top of a mountain and he saw the clouds gathering. King Ahab had gone before him into Jezreel on a chariot. The Hand of the Lord came upon Elijah! Speed, supernatural speed manifested and he overtook the chariot and reached Jezreel ahead of Ahab.
If the anointing comes upon you, no matter who has gone ahead of you, you will overtake. Value the anointing of the Holy Spirit.
- I believe in the Holy Spirit’s move. Father, anointing me afresh! Some people will experience supernatural speed. Jezreel means God will give speed.
- When I was praying last night, God showed me the globe and said that the gospel will spread really quickly as we near the coming of Christ. It will be a global phenomenon! The gospel will reach every village and every town. There will be an outpouring of the Holy Spirit. You will be surprised by the speed. As a matter of fact, many of you will be surprised at yourself. You will look
into the mirror and say “wow! I am surprised at myself”. When everyone is fearful, you will feel an unusual peace and love of God moving through your life!
Psalms 90:14- "Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days." Satisfy us early with your mercy
- Mercy is not only forgiveness. It is much more. It includes healing. Healing is a part of God’s mercy.
- Blind Bartholomew did not just cry out to Jesus asking, “JESUS HEAL ME!” but he cried out saying “JESUS have mercy on me”!
- Every mess in your life is made into a glorious testimony by the mercy of God. Lord, show forth your mercy, your acts, your miracles, deliverance, supernatural provisions, your favour. Early, fast, speedily, satisfy me with these things, LORD!
- Joseph was an ex-convict. He was a Jew. He did not study in an Egyptian college, he had no membership in any political party, no connection or relationship with Pharoah. But still, he reached the palace and became the Prime Minster.
- We think that our background acts as a barrier to our future.
- The Holy Spirit is saying that there is an oil flowing for your life this morning. That anointing that will take you where God wants you to be.
- LORD help me to be overflowing with your anointing oil.
WHAT DOES THE ANOINTING DO?
- Anointing provokes favour
- Anointing attracts you to people. It makes you show favour on them. It leads to a likeable-ness. If you have the grace of God, and if you are standing in the anointing of the Lord, there will be a likeableness towards you.
- You may want favour in your marriage. A good wife and husband come from the Lord, the Word says. Maybe you need favour in business, family, a space, favour over your children and in the locality where you live.
God told me, if you can buy land only with money, then that is not my heart. There is something wrong. But I will give you land as a product of my favour. Do not buy any property without the favour of God.
Psalm 44:3- For they got not the land in possession by their own sword, neither did their own arm save them: but thy right hand, and thine arm, and the light of thy countenance, because thou hadst a favour unto them.
- What gave them nations was not their smartness or intelligence but somewhere they got connected to the anointing of God.
- I bought a place to build a house. I have been looking for a place for years. When I had the money, I did not find the land and when I found the land that was suitable, I did not have money! But then, I found God’s favour and God gave me the right place.
God is releasing land to someone who doesn’t have an own house. God is opening up blocks and God is going to bless you. Even in this time of lockdown, certain lands deals will be signed.
- Whether it’s in your job or in any other area of your life, experience favour.
- Anointing brings provision
Esther 2:15- 15 Now when the turn came for Esther the daughter of Abihail the uncle of Mordecai, who had taken her as his daughter, to go in to the king, she requested nothing but what Hegai the king’s eunuch, the custodian of the women, advised. And Esther obtained favor in the sight of all who saw her.
- Everyone who saw Esther felt a favour towards her. That is an anointing of favour. Let everybody feel a favour towards you. May they all like YOU!
God’s spotlight on you is favour. Wherever you walk, that spotlight will follow you. May God’s awesome favour descend wherever you are.
- Say, I need the favour of God. Many people are proud and they think they don’t need any assistance. Humble yourself before God and ask him for His favour.
- Peter was a skillful fisherman. He struggled all night yet caught nothing. Without struggling he decided to sit at God’s feet and listen to His word. Then his net became full. A net breaking catch.
When you decide to sit at His feet and listen to His Word, you will receive what you did not struggle for.
- God is releasing favour upon many businesses. Heaven is releasing orders that you never imagined and opportunities. Peter could not drag the net after the Lord filled it.
John 21: 6- "And he said unto them, Cast the net on the right side of the ship, and ye shallfind. They cast therefore, and now they were not able to draw it for the multitude of fishes."
- So they did cast it where the Lord had asked them to, and they couldn't haul in the net because there were so many fish in it. He asked them to cast the net at the right side, which means, at the start they had gone wrong with the side.
The Holy Spirit gives specific instructions. You can walk in Godly fruitfulness when you listen to God’s instructions.
- Jesus only gave instructions. For example, wash your eyes in the pool of Siloam, go show yourself to the priest etc. Jesus did not place hands, call out prophecies etc, He just gave simple instructions.
- But only because you do not listen to the instructions, you are unable to see the blessing. Simple and specific instructions from the Lord will help your boat to fill.
Within instructions is my blessing. If we listen to instructions, frustration will leave.
- Some people keep thinking and holding onto something that they have in their minds, without really listening to the Lord. God says, you are casting your net onto the wrong side. Cast it to the right side, Peter. Don’t throw it wherever you want. Listen to the instruction from the Lord. Do not argue when God gives you instructions. Remember that He is the Master.
The Lord will never lead you to destruction. He will only lead you to distinction. God leads you through his instructions. Do it!
- Those who experience God’s leading are the ones who can lead. Studying in a Bible college doesn’t make you a leader. If you are sensitive to the voice of the Holy Spirit, that will help you obtain the blessing and bring the blessing into your boat, into your family.
The Holy SPIRIT is Jesus UNLIMITED
He is not restricted by place. Wherever you are, in Kochi, in Trivandrum or wherever else, HE will come. I used to wish I could be one of the disciples of Jesus and walk with Him. But the truth is it is wonderful to be have the Holy Spirit of God with us. Jesus says it is to your advantage that I go so that the Holy spirit can come down. WOW!
God’s presence, His Holy Spirit is unlimited, whether it is inside a forest or in any other pace, may the Holy Spirit give you an assurance that He is with you.
- Anointing is behind supernatural intelligence
- I did not pass B.COM. I could not grasp earlier but now I love to read. I keep reading. • Daniel and his friends were ten times better in intelligence than the wizards of that land. • May some children have wisdom that is far superior than those in the world. May they have
solutions to problems. Some of you will feel it, it will feel like oil is flowing into your eyes and over your body. Let an anointing for healing flow through restoring your bodies.
- Jesus was crucified. His back looked like people had ploughed on it. His beard was pulled off. His face was unrecognizable. He was buried and on the Third Day, the Holy Spirit entered his body. And when Jesus came out of that tomb, that disfigurement had changed. The same spirit that raised Christ Jesus from the dead, will restore you.
- God conducted a surgery on Adam. But there was no side effect. God ripped out his rib but no stitches.
The Holy Spirit is saying to somebody who is scared about the side effected of anesthesia, “don’t be afraid. There won’t be any side effects”. The Holy Spirit of God is healing unwarranted growths. God is healing a person with stammering.
Anointing to BREAK forth! Break forth means
- Forceful advancement that others could not do
- Commanding attention in a positive direction
- Moving forward from the ordinary- in time, in degree/level, in place
- Breaking the status-quo
- Bursting out of normal routine
- Crossing over
- Surpassing your old records
- You ran 100 metres earlier, now you can run 150 metres. You are doing better. I am bursting out because of the anointing oil.
Isaiah 58:8- Then your light will break forth like the dawn, and your healing will quickly appear; then your righteousness will go before you, and the glory of the LORD will be your rear guard.
This is anointing. You need to connect with it.
Genesis 38:27-29- 27 Now it came to pass, at the time for giving birth, that behold, twins were in her womb. 28 And so it was, when she was giving birth, that the one put out his hand; and the midwife took a scarlet thread and bound it on his hand, saying, “This one came out first.” 29 Then it happened, as he drew back his hand, that his brother came out unexpectedly; and
she said, “How did you break through? This breach be upon you!” Therefore his name was called Perez.[a]
- Abraham had 8 children. One from Sarah, one from Hagar and seven from Keturah. God chose Isaac. God chose Jacob. Of the 12 tribes, God chose the tribe of Judah.
Mathew 1:3- Judah begot Perez and Zerah by Tamar, Perez begot Hezron, and Hezron begot Ram.
- You see Perez in the genealogy of Jesus. “How did he break out” others asked? Many people will ask, how did you break out? Then declare by the anointing oil of God. Many people will be surprised and shocked. How do you break out, break forth, break through? How- How- How? God will work in such a manner that in the midst of those who pull you down, God will lift you up so high that they will never again be able to pull you down.
You can declare that it is by the name of Jesus, by the Perez anointing and by the oil of the Holy Spirit. By the grace of God.
- Tamar had two children, the first called Zerah- means light. Some people shine early in life. It seems to others like they are stealing the show. Either by lying, manipulating, black magic, or any other unjust means, these set of people try to become great people immediately. These are the people who push to enter into leadership team. Every baby comes out head first, right. But this baby wanted to get out by putting his hand out! (perhaps it wanted to be the first one to get out by any means!)
- Some people do not wait for normal delivery, they want to rush. Some people are not waiting for God’s timing. But Perez is not like that.
There are many people who will take the lead but cannot sustain the advantage. But Perez is the anointing that brings to the front the ones who are lying behind.
- Your life, your business might feel like it is behind, but this night look unto Jesus, walk in the anointing. You thought you could never make it, but you come out first.
- In your life, you will see Zerahs often. They are position robbers. They are in the church too. They are virtue robbers, Opportunity stealers, Side trackers. They manipulate, are destiny diverters and exploiters.
- The spirit of Zerah will tell you- whatever may be the way, push forward even if it is by trampling down on the other. This morning let that spirit be broken in your lives and families.
Ecclesiastes 7:8- Better is the end of a thing than the beginning thereof: and the patient in spirit is better than the proud in spirit.
Zerah was impatient. It is better to be patient. “I will be patient. God will bring the good that He has kept for me.”
Starting early does not mean that you will reach first or starting late does not mean that you will finish last. The difference is the connection you have with the Lord.
When had an opportunity to marry I was 42. After much back and forth and facing several of my fears, I made a decision. I thought I was old. One wise man told me, “you are young! Don’t compare yourself. When others are riding scooters, you ride an R1 superbike. There is still energy inside of you!” It was a simple thing, I became free. What am I telling you? Be patient, your story will end in favour for you.
- Winston Churchill’s school teacher had said this about him- this boy is a celebrated dunce. But he went on to become the Prime Minister of the United kingdom.
- The one that are cast down by men, God picks that one up.
- Elkanah had 7 children. We don’t even know the names of the 6. But there was one son that Hannah patiently waited for – Samuel. We all know him as the greatest prophet of all time. The one whose words never failed! There is still something that God wants to do for you.
HOW TO CONNECT TO THIS ANOINTING?
- A Relationship with Jesus. Stay close to God. If you haven’t experienced God, you have not experienced anything in life!
- Be positive. Change the way you think- Some issues are temporary. Change your attitude. I won’t pray, I won’t forgive- this is a wrong attitude. It will push you away from God’s plans. A right attitude is more important than money. It is more important than what people will think.
Pharoah and Herod will not understand the plans that God has for you. 3. Start from where you are and you will overtake 4. Make use of the opportunities that God has opened up over your life and go through it
- Strong faith and prayer. Then this anointing will start operating 7