Step Into Your Light
Sunday Sermon by Pastor Rajesh Mathew, 29 August 2021
Isaiah 60: 1-3- Arise, shine;
For your light has come!
And the glory of the LORD is risen upon you.
2For behold, the darkness shall cover the earth,
And deep darkness the people;
But the LORD will arise over you,
And His glory will be seen upon you.
3The Gentiles shall come to your light,
And kings to the brightness of your rising.
Numbers 8:2-4-2“Speak to Aaron, and say to him, ‘When you arrange the lamps, the seven lampsshall give light in front of the lampstand.”3And Aaron did so; he arranged the lamps to facetoward the front of the lampstand, as the LORD commanded Moses. 4 Now this workmanship of thelampstand was hammered gold; from its shaft to its flowers it was hammered work. According tothe pattern which the LORD had shown Moses, so he made the lampstand.
Step into the Light!
Arise shine for the light is come and the glory of the Lord is risen upon thee!
Revelation 1: 20- 20 The [a]mystery of the seven stars which you saw in My right hand, and the seven golden lampstands: The seven stars are the [b]angels of the seven churches, and the seven lampstands [c]which you saw are the seven churches.
The book of Numbers in the NIV version says 2 “Speak to Aaron and say to him, ‘When you set up the lamps, see that all seven light up the area in front of the lampstand.’” 3 Aaron did so; he set up the lamps so that they faced forward on the lampstand, just as the Lord commanded Moses.
The light shines upwards and forwards. Even the light of God’s presence of the Holy Spirit’s presence is not backwards but upwards and forwards!
This means two things: God has a good future for your and God’s light is shining forward
- Look upward.
- Look forward. Proverbs 31 says the virtuous woman has no fear of the future.
The church doesn’t need to fear the future. If God is holding your hands, there is nothing to fear even if you go through the valley of shadow of death. Don’t look backwards. Do not look to your past. Don’t shine your torch backwards. Light is ahead of you.
Isaiah 43:18-19- “Do not remember the former things,
Nor consider the things of old.
19 Behold, I will do a new thing,
Now it shall spring forth;
Shall you not know it?
I will even make a road in the wilderness
And rivers in the desert.
- Don’t keep sitting thinking about the past. If you do so, you will miss out on the new thing that God wants to do for you.
- New beginnings even in the midst of wilderness. He will open a way in the sea. He will do something special and something unique just for you, nothing like what he is done for others. The Lord is going to do something new! Get ready
- Some of you are conducting a post mortem on things of the past! The enemy wants you to look back. But our God is a God of new things!
- Lift up your hands and ask Him to free you from your past. Do not look back and move forward into your calling. Let that bondage and chain be broken.
He will do something new!
- Joseph named his children Manasseh, meaning the Lord has made me to forget the toils of the father’s house and Ephraim meaning doubly fruitful. Only if you forget the past, will you be able to manifest forth double fruitfulness. Get ready for double fruitfulness in your life. God will release it over you.
Daniel 6:2-4- 2 and over these, three governors, of whom Daniel was one, that the satraps might give account to them, so that the king would suffer no loss. 3 Then this Daniel distinguished himself above the governors and satraps, because an excellent spirit was in him; and the king gave thought to setting him over the whole realm. So the governors and satraps sought to find some charge against Daniel concerning the kingdom; but they could find no charge or fault, because he was faithful; nor was there any error or fault found in him.
- When Daniel was recognized for his excellence, the enemy smelt some greatness coming upon him and he stirred people to conspire against him. The devil set traps against him. This morning let every conspiracy and trap of the enemy against your life be broken. Some of you had thoughts of God’s greatness coming upon you and the enemy smelt that and set traps for you. Today, together, we break ever trap in Jesus Name.
- Elijah decided he couldn’t go forward because of Jezebels’ threats. God shook him up, made him eat and spoke to him later in 1 Kings 19. God said, that he needed to anoint three more people, 1. Jehu, the one who drove Jezebel to her death, 2. Hazaliel, the king of Syria and 3. Elisha as a prophet of God. He had the anointing upon him to anoint three others. God said, that your work is not over. You have the oil to fulfil your purpose. You are carrying something extraordinary! Everything that is coming against my life, disease, bondages, traps of people whatever it is.
You are three times better or stronger than you think.
- Don’t sit there depressed because of Corona. The Holy Spirit has placed inside of you, godly strength and grace to overcome Corona.
- In John 6, Jesus told His 12 disciples to prepare to feed the people (there were 5000). He did this only to test them because Jesus had already prepared everything for them.
Jesus has already prepared everything you need. He has kept ready everything you need for your life and your family.
- Jesus told the disciples to tell the men to sit down. Crowd management is difficult. There is capacity and leadership quality inside of you. God will tell you what to tell people. • A man of God is listening to me. You are wondering how to guide some of the church people. Take this Word. No matter how unruly a person is, God is placing an anointing with you to make him walk in miracles, to make him walk in blessing, glory and his calling.
- Go forward and obey the Lord. There is something extraordinary within you.
- It was the little boy’s food that Jesus multiplied to feed the 5000 and leave behind 12 basketfuls. The Lord sent the disciples away from there in a boat and perhaps they went with the 12 basketfuls and that could be why the boat was sinking!
- Luke 15, we know of a scripture. One shepherd had 100 sheep. Imagine that there were 100 people in a church. Imagine that you leave 99 in the wilderness and go after one. I don’t think I would have done that, not because I have any less love for the sheep but how could I leave the 99 in the wilderness and go?! But the Lord left the 99 and went after that one sheep! And brought that one back on His shoulders.
Isaiah 9:6 says that the Government is upon his shoulders.
- The sheep that was lost was actually the one that is the captain with godly authority that was meant to be leading the rest of the 99 sheep. If God has called you into ministry, lift up your hands and pray in tongues. Why did God bring that one back on the shoulder? If that one sheep was back, he would be able to lead the remaining 99! Let churches grow in Jesus Name!
Because your rising is a rising of a generation; Your lifting is a lifting up of a generation. Your encounter with God is the
encounter of a generation with God.
- If you are that one who was lost, who was backslid, God will bring you back on His shoulder! You are a commander, you are a leader. There are days ahead of you are those where the Lord will lift you to be a leader.
- I am not a goat! I am a sheep!
- In John 19, Jesus Cried out “Father, Father why have you forsaken me.” He also looked at Mary and said, behold your son, John. And He looked at John and said, “Behold your mother”. Do you know why HE did that?
- He was making you his Bride. The Word says, unless a man leaves his father and mother, he cannot be joined to His wife. Jesus kept His mother and father aside. He took hold of His church as His bride!
Calvary was wedding ceremony!
- He left his father and mother and united Himself to you. You are not a non-entity. God has got a purpose over your life; you have a future, and this future was bought for you on the Cross.
You are too important to be impotent.
I know who I am, I am the bride of Christ.
You can’t be a part time Christian and defeat a full-time devil.
- You are the bride of Christ, You and Christ should be one, that intimacy and relationship is what brings you victory and reveals your future. That relationship where you are one with Christ is the most important.
- Compelled within a relationship: Paul was compelled to preached the gospel. One can be compelled only when there is a close relationship. If I am at a relative’s house, I can only request for a tea but if I am at home and with my wife, I can compel her to give me a tea no matter how tired she is. Why? Because I have a relationship with her. Paul had a relationship with the Lord. He felt compelled to preach the gospel. He says, woe to me, if I do not preach the gospel!”
- There is a relationship so close to God that no matter what we go through and no matter who puts us down, we are compelled by the Lord. Jesus compelled the disciples to go to the other
side. He had a relationship with His disciples. And when they were caught in the storm, Jesus went walking to them over the water. And Jesus empowered Peter to walk on the waters to Him. God walked over waters and now he made man walk over it too.
- Ministry unfolds when you are compelled by the Lord because of your relationship with Him. • I have a future in front of me. There is light ahead of me. It is revealed in your relationship with Jesus.
Leviticus 24:1-4- 24 Then the Lord spoke to Moses, saying: 2 “Command the children of Israel that they bring to you pure oil of pressed olives for the light, to make the lamps burn continually. 3 Outside the veil of the Testimony, in the tabernacle of meeting, Aaron shall be in charge of it from evening until morning before the Lord continually; it shall be a statute forever in your generations. 4 He shall [a]be in charge of the lamps on the pure gold lampstand before the Lord continually.
- The word ‘continually’ is used for time sin this portion of scripture. The lamp must be burning continually. When the Holy Spirit comes, HE will only take you higher and forward. There is light ahead.
What should you do to burn continually?
Verse 2 says that the Oil was from pressed oils
In numbers 8:4- 4 Now this workmanship of the lampstand was hammered gold; from its shaft to its flowers it was hammered work. According to the pattern which the LORD had shown Moses, so he made the lampstand.
- Pressing and crushing brings out the oil. I also feel like crushing some of you just to bring out light from you! It is gold, it is precious, it is important. You are precious! You can’t be sitting inside a cupboard like a show piece. This light is for shining out loud.
- From the shaft to its flowers, it is hammered! From the beginning of your life, till you flower, there is a hammering. BU there is time where you bud forth and blossom.
- Alexander hammered Paul. In life, some challenges are allowed by God to make you shine and bring out life. From your shaft (beginning) till the time you can bud forth and blossom, certain trials and circumstances are allowed so you can flower out and bloom. In such experiences your ministry is revealed.
- Arise and shine! Your job is to get ready to arise and shine and leave the rest to GOD. He will send people who will anoint you. Are you ready to move forward and look up? God has already prepared those who will build you and train you and anoint you.
Numbers 4:9- 9 And they shall take a blue cloth and cover the lampstand of the light, with its lamps, its wick-trimmers, its trays, and all its oil vessels, with which they service it.
- Some believers are only smoky wicks. There is no light and there is no fire burning. If you are ready to shine, God will send some disciples to come with scissors and cut out the burnt wicks. Pauls’ ministry was that, to cut out the wicks. “Don’t go this route, don’t hang out with unbelievers, don’t get stuck in a wrong relationship, your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit”. That is wick cutting!
- Many of us do not like the discipling and correction. When you do receive the correction, you will sit stiff-necked and not receive it. You will only be smoky with no fire! I am not cursing you.
You must burn bright in the way that God has purposed over your life. You should come out for the glory of God. You should be a burning fire.
- David sinned. He became a smoky wick. Nathan, the prophet came to cut his wick and make him burn brightly again.
- Gold is hammered form the shaft till the flower.
- Paul says in Philippians 1: 20 onwards, “some people are rejoining and taking advantage of the fact that I am in prison. Some people preach Christ out of envy and selfish ambition and competitive spirit but let Christ be preached either ways!”
- Praise God. It is a process, don’t get discouraged. It might be in your business; it is meant to flower and blossom but looks beaten up. Remember you are previous. Until you flower and blossom forth, God will hammer you in this process.
If you have not flowered, you are work in progress.
If you are sitting in one side, God is still hammering you and molding you.
Blessed be the name of Jesus. I will arise and shine for the glory of God!