Sunday Sermon by Pastor Rajesh Mathew, 7 November 2021
The first Sunday of the 11th month. How much should we thank the Lord for having kept us thus far!
Jeremiah 33:3- ‘Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and [a]mighty things, which you do not know.’
“Call unto me”- That is prayer
“I will answer you”- that’s God’s response to your prayer
WHAT IS CATALYZED?
Cause or accelerate a reaction by acting as a catalyst- acceleration is going to happen! Cause an action or process to begin- some new things are going to begin!
- You must have heard of the word catalyst- A substance that increases the rate of a chemical reaction without itself undergoing any permanent chemical change. It refers to the enzymes in a chemical reaction that actually speed up a chemical reaction without changing its own nature. They only assist the process to bring to pass the product that is desired. For example, Organic fertilizers- they optimize or magnify the growth of a plant, to yield bountifully.
- When you pray and connect with the Lord, there are certain things in that prayer that act as a catalyst that will speed up your growth, miracle, healing and your blessing.
- Lord, give me a revelation of this through the Holy Spirit.
THIS IS THE 11TH MONTH! WHAT DOES GOD WANT US TO KNOW?
Luke 11:11-1If a son asks for [a]bread from any father among you, will he give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent instead of a fish?This is related to prayer. The scripture says, ‘Ask and you will receive, seek and you will find and knock and the door will be opened’.
The 11th month is a month of answered prayers, if you ask your Heavenly father.
11th month represents transition.
Deuteronomy 11:11- 11 but the land which you cross over to possess is a land of hills and valleys, which drinks water from the rain of heaven,
- You walked of 40 years in the wilderness, but when you cross over the Jordan, it is a period of transition. The land that the Lord promised you is about to be yours.
The 11th month is the month of taking possession, in prayer, everything that God has promised you in his Word.
- This is a prophecy and not just a message. The things that you have been praying for since the month of January. If you bend your knees this morning and pray God will help you take possession of what you believed Him for. Make that a confession of your faith.
- 12 is the beginning of a new day, a new dawn. The 11th hour is just before that. This month is that period that is at the verge of something new taking place in your life.
The 11th month will see certain new things happen. New doors of ministry.
In Mathew 20, Jesus called the servants at different points of time. But they all came at 11th hour. And they got paid.
The Holy Spirit is saying that at the 11th month you will see breakthroughs in areas that you are actually tired of praying for and have seen no results! The 11th month is a release of miracles for you.
Acts 11:11-12-11 At that very moment, three men stood before the house where I was, having been sent to me from Caesarea. 12 Then the Spirit told me to go with them,doubting nothing. Moreover these six brethren accompanied me, and we entered theman’s house.
1. People will come to your doorstep with an answered prayer. It may be a marriage proposal, it may be a business deal.
2. Certain spiritual sensitivities will develop. You will be confident that this is the voice of God and you will move forward.
Joseph was the 11th son of Jacob. He was the son of favour, the one with dreams and visions. Certain youngsters will see visions and dreams and their spiritual level will shift. Downloading of divine destiny and purpose in your prayer time will happen.
- Hebrew 11 says that Sarah received strength.
In the 11th month, you will receive strength. You shall become spiritually, financially and physically strong
- There is answer to prayers. The level of your strength will shift. You will see fruitfulness. Get ready for a visitation from the almighty, for a divine encounter.
Your laughter will be revealed in the month 11th. Your calling will be revealed.
In the 11th hour, miracles will occur! Doors will open. Prison doors are opening. Supernatural miracles will be released for the church. November will be a month filled with answered prayers. It will be a November to remember!
- If you are someone who prayers, these prophecies will be realistic.
Ezekiel 26:1- And it came to pass in the eleventh year, on the first day of the month, that the word of the Lord came to me, saying, 2 “Son of man, because Tyre has said against Jerusalem, ‘Aha! She is broken who was the gateway of the peoples; now she is turned over to me; I shall be filled; she is laid waste.’ 3 “Therefore thus says the Lord God: ‘Behold, I am against you, O Tyre, and will cause many nations to come up against you, as the sea causes its waves to come up.
- Tyre is saying that Jerusalem will be destroyed. But God says, because my people are praying , I will build Jerusalem and I will destroy you.
- For the last 11 months there may have been sickness, bondages, wicked conspiracies, but God says, I will build you. No harm shall come upon me or my family. God will build us! We are not even aware of the many traps and snares that the Lord has actually delivered us from. Balaam and Balak built 21 altars just to curse and destroy the children of Israel. The devil tries to destroy you not because of what you have done in the past, or what you are doing now, but where you are going and what you are going to become in future. He knows it!
- The children of God are referred to as “These people who are rising up.” They were out to destroy these very people. But God broke that snare and the children of God did not even know! If you are sitting here in the 11th month it is because of His mercies.
- Tell the person next to you that the Lord may have saved us from many a snare and we wouldn’t even know about it. It is not your capacity or intelligence but it is only in the Name of Jesus that you are delivered. God has a plan for you.
What is the spelling of November?
NO- say NO to the devil. “No, devil, you wont play with my life. NO devil, you will not enter my home, my family
NO to diseases, rejection, insults and accidents,
The book of John gives 11 promises to the children of God.
HOW CAN YOU BE CATALYZED?
1) By fasting, along with prayer
Isaiah 58:8- Then your light shall break forth like the morning,
Your healing shall spring forth speedily,
And your righteousness shall go before you;
The glory of the LORD shall be your rear guard.
- When you fast, your light will break forth. Certain hidden revelations from within the Word will break out for you. The Word of God will begin to burn bright in your heart. Not only in salvation but also the blessings that God has preserved for you here on the earth! Let this morning be a morning of such revelations
- Fasting together with prayer acts Iike a catalyst. You are desperate and fasting is an expression of your desperation.
- Psalm 42 says, as the deer panteth for the Water so Lord I long for you! This indicates desperation.
- Make this song your worship this morning.
- Fasting with prayer gives you a sense of spiritual authority. Though you have authority in Christ, a renewed authority flows when you pray. Demons have to leave.
Mathew 17:21-21 [a]However, this kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting.”• Certain kinds of devils can only go through fasting and prayer.
Acts 13:1-4- As they ministered to the Lord and fasted, the Holy Spirit said, “Now separate to Me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them.” 3 Then, having fasted and prayed, and laid hands on them, they sent them away. 4 So, being sent out by the Holy Spirit, they went down to Seleucia, and from there they sailed to Cyprus- the church of Antioch.
- When they prayed and fasted, the Holy Spirit told them set apart for Barnabbas and Saul and the Holy Spirit also showed them a new direction. The Holy Spirit became so real and divine direction also become real.
- I don’t need to go on a path that is not of the Lord. Everything good does not mean God. Only those aspects that has the leading of the Holy Spirit are beneficial for you. Do not move away from the direction that the Lord guides you into.
- God’s direction has preserved me many a time., even in ministry. God has stopped me from ministering too in some place.
2) By Praying in the Spirit
- If you need to pray tirelessly, you should pray in the spirit.
When you pray in tongues, you are praying to an unknown realm. You won’t even know what you are praying for
Romans 8:26-27-6Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not knowwhat we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession [a]for uswith groanings which cannot be uttered. 27 Now He who searches the hearts knowswhat the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints accordingto the will of God.
- When you pray in tongues, God acts powerfully on our behalf.
When you are confronted by a situation you do not understand, speak a language that the devil doesn’t understand.
The reason you pray in a language that you do not know is because there are issues in your life that you do not know about, that you want God to handle.
- When you pray, the Holy Spirit will be breaking off the plans of the darkness against your life.
We are a generation that will pray in the Holy Spirit. Movies make fun of us praying in the spirit. But pray in the Spirit without any shame. Be charged up because of the Holy Spirit of God
- The mysteries, secrets and the inheritances that God has kept for you is revealed when you pray in the Holy Spirit. It could be about your marriage, ministry.
I remember when Jose uncle came to talk to me about my marriage. I was in prayer seeking God. And all that the Holy Spirit told me was to SUBMIT. And so I did and hence God gave me a wife who is submitted to me.
- When you pray in the spirit, You build your most Holy faith (Jude 20).
- You cannot sin and pray in the Holy Spirit. Even if you get the stink of sin, you can’t pray in the Holy Spirit.
The direction, inheritance, secrets will open up on the name of Jesus in the 11th month through the catalyst of praying in tongues.
- You will shift your prayer life to another level when it involves a sacrifice. It means something you value is given up for God. When you sacrifice, a growth and reaction will occur without even you realizing in your prayer time.
- Oral Roberts message- there is a remembrance altar before God. If you make a sacrifice in his presence, God will remember your sacrifice in the right time. Divine visitation occurred in Cornelius’s house because God remembered is good works a monument before HIM.
Acts 10:2-2a devout man and one who feared God with all his household, whogave [a]alms generously to the people, and prayed to God always.
Verse 31-31 and said, ‘Cornelius, your prayer has been heard, and your [a]alms areremembered in the sight of God.
- When you gave an offering and serve others, God notices it.
- What comes after sowing? Someone said, harvest. I said, no. if you sow paddy seeds, will you get harvest the nest day? Once you have sown, there is a waiting period. But there is a time that God remembers.
The seed might leave your hand but it will never leave your life. God will release it back unto You.
- Some people have been waiting after much sowing. Get ready for November to get your answers! God will send angels to deliver. In the day of your trouble, your sacrifice for God will be remembered.
Psalm 20:1-3- May the LORD answer you in the day of trouble;
May the name of the God of Jacob [a]defend you;
2 May He send you help from the sanctuary,
And strengthen you out of Zion;
3 May He remember all your offerings,
And accept your burnt sacrifice. Selah
- He sends forth His help for you. Lord, ‘remember my sacrifice’. When you let go off what was dear for you, some relationships, some travels, some career options. God says I will remember you, I will send help and lift you.
This is a season of divine help
There are adversity dissolving sacrifices
1 Samuel 7:9-10-9 And Samuel took a suckling lamb and offered it as a whole burntoffering to the LORD. Then Samuel cried out to the LORD for Israel, andthe LORD answered him. 10 Now as Samuel was offering up the burnt offering, the Philistines drew near to battle against Israel. But the LORD thundered with a loudthunder upon the Philistines that day, and so confused them that they were overcome before Israel.
- Samuel had a relationship with the Lord and so in the time of Battle, he said “let us offer a burnt offering”. It could be health-wise, financial or any other battle, that is where you need to offer a sacrifice. It will act as a catalyst. Samuel the prophet knew.
Psalm 126:1-2- When the LORD brought back [a]the captivity of Zion,
We were like those who dream.
2 Then our mouth was filled with laughter,
And our tongue with singing.
Then they said among the [b]nations,
“The LORD has done great things for them.”
Those who sow in tears
Shall reap in joy.
If some situations in your life need to turn around, you need to sow in tears. It is a sacrifice.
Sacrifice will always accelerate divine response. You are catalyzed the moment you say “Sacrifice”
Luke 7:2-2 And a certain centurion’s servant, who was dear to him, was sick and ready to die. 5“for he loves our nation, and has built us a synagogue.”
- The Jews told Jesus to save him because he had sacrificed for God. If you have done anything forthe church or for the man of God, God will never forget that. God will send help, healing,deliverance in the time of your need.
4) Prayer in the night seasons
- Pray between 12 am to 3 am or 3 am to 6 am. Between the 3rd and the 4th watch. My spiritualfather used to say, no need to sit up the entire night but at least one hour of prayer in this timewill make a huge difference.
- Jacob became an Israel after praying, some changes will only happen when you pray.• Certain strength to give up and leave behind will come when you pray in the night seasons. Pauland Silas prayed and worshipped in the night watches and the prison doors flung open.• The devil’s acts are during the night season. Sin is active in the night time. Satanic worshippers sacrifice at night. The prince of darkness is the devil.
There is a power manifested through you over darkness when you spend time withJesus at night.
- He has translated us from the kingdom of darkness to the Kingdom of the light of His Son through the blood of Jesus.
- I am not a child of darkness but one who walks in the revelation and light of God’s word.
Spiritual sensitivities are sharpened wen you pray at night.
Psalms 16:7- I will bless the LORD who has given me counsel;
My [a]heart also instructs me in the night seasons.
Job 33: 14-17- For God may speak in one way, or in another,
Yet man does not perceive it.
15 In a dream, in a vision of the night,
When deep sleep falls upon men,
While slumbering on their beds,
16 Then He opens the ears of men,
And seals their instruction.
17 In order to turn man from his deed,
And conceal pride from man,
- Night visions and dreams. Dream is when you sleep but a vision is when you are awake in prayer and you are able to see in the Spirit. Spiritual visitations occur in the night times.
Acts 16:9-9 And a vision appeared to Paul in the night. A man of Macedonia stood and pleaded with him, saying, “Come over to Macedonia and help us.”
Acts 18:9-9 Now the Lord spoke to Paul in the night by a vision, “Do not be afraid, butspeak, and do not keep silent;
- Some people have just slept away their divine direction. Between 12 and 4 am, pray especially inthis month.
This is a time of minimal distraction and maximum focus.
Isaiah 26:9- With my soul I have desired You in the night,
Yes, by my spirit within me I will seek You early;
For when Your judgments are in the earth,
The inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness.
There is great focus at night.
Your season of praying without results is over.
- There is answer to your prayer. Never give up when you pray. Persistent prayer will bring breakthrough. Never give up.
- In the presence of God, may we be catalysed by fasting, praying in the spirit, sacrifice and praying in the night watches. You may not be able to do everything but the Spirit of God will lead you and you will know what you need to do in your season.
- The blessing of the 11th month and the 11th hour. Delays and issues that are stuck, prolonged sufferings will leave, prolonged journeys through the wilderness will end. Prolonged challengesand battles, delays will be broken by the Holy Spirit.