Sunday Sermon by Pastor Rajesh Mathew, 15 May 2022
Hebrews 11: 31- 31 By faith the harlot Rahab did not perish with those who [a]did not believe, when she had received the spies with peace.
- By Faith, Rahab did not perish. If you have faith, you will not perish. No matter who else is perishing around you and what weapons are fashioned against you, you will not perish, by faith, you will live. You will not perish your family life will not perish, your wealth, your health will not perish, BY FAITH!
- This morning, receive this Word. By faith in Jesus, In His Word, in the works of the Spirit, in the miracles, signs and wonders, in the glory of His eternal kingdom, you will not be destroyed.
1 Samuel 17:51- 51 Therefore David ran and stood over the Philistine, took his sword and drew it out of its sheath and killed him, and cut off his head with it. And when the Philistines saw that their champion was dead, they fled.
- When David and Goliath face each other, David ran and took Goliath’s sword and cut off his head. Goliath ended up having no sword in his hand.
- He was challenging the Israelites for 40 days breathing threats and he never once put his sword down. The devil often uses words to put fear in you, to pull you down, to trouble you, but you need to realize that this is his trick and not fall for it.
- The words of the devil can be tackled and opposed by your words of faith. You need to use words of faith. When the devil says you will die, you need to by faith say that God will deliver you from every affliction and bless you with long life.
The very weapon that Goliath used to threaten the children of God, became a weapon in David’s hand to kill Goliath.
- If the devil wants to kill you with sorrow and depression, you tackle it with the joy of the Holy Spirit. By faith you will see the destruction of that enemy.
- If he is trying to destroy you with debt and with disease, you need to declare by faith that you will cut off the head of that very debt and disease by faith.
Oral Roberts as a young boy was puking blood due to tuberculosis. The doctors said he will not survive this. But when he was reading the Bible in his room and lying down, the presence of God came down in that room and said to him that he would carry the Lord’s healing ministry across the world for His glory. One of the greatest healing apostles of the time.
Paul Yonggicho also was suffering from TB and was supposed to die, as per the doctors but he stood firm in his faith and said, “If I can believe it, if I can visualize it then I will see it manifest”. This is a fourth dimension. You need to visualize it! may you be able to see it. May the Lord change your perspective sand your thoughts.
- Goliath threatened the Israelites and we begin to see pictures of it. We falling sick, we being all alone, and this leads to fear. That is what the devil does. But by faith you need to see certain things- you need to see you cutting off the heads of all weapons of the enemy. May your perspective and thoughts change in Jesus Name.
- A small fight in the family and we begin to imagine a divorce and you losing all you have. You don’t have children and you begin to imagine how miserable your life will be with nobody to care for you in your old age. May the Lord change your perspective!
- The Israelites would wake up every morning and march to the battle field and the moment they would see goliath spewing threats at them, they would turn and march right back into the camp. They did this for 40 days!
There is a God who will not allow the devil to destroy me. No matter which power is trying to destroy you, take authority over it and take victory in the Name of Jesus.
- By Faith Rahab did not perish. Rahab was a prostitute, Joshua 6 also talks about her. How much more would someone with prayer, with holiness, with devotion, with the Word, like you and me, be able to stand in the midst of the battle.
- Do not grow cold, receive this. By faith, you will not perish!
- Nobody would have liked to associate themselves with Rahab’s family. Everybody rejected and pushed them away. It is to such people that God reaches out. God sends helpers, and His anointed to their very house.
Are you feeling rejected? The Holy Spirit is saying that this is a season that God is sending helpers to you and help will come looking for you.
- According to the law, there was no way that Rahab could be saved. One Man of God said, in all of Moses’s preaching there was a lot of “If you do this”, but law cannot save it. It can only show you and magnify your sin. But it is only by grace and faith in Jesus that you can be saved. You need to receive this by faith. Not by your works, your good character, your righteousness, your smartness, intelligence but only by His Grace and faith. Get ready to receive this and you will go back home seeing the miracles of God.
Her faith got hold the Grace of God. He faith clung to Jesus!
- Syrophoenician lady’s faith shook even Jesus. “I only need crumb of bread for the deliverance of my child” she said. Though she was a gentile woman, her faith astonished Jesus! • We can shake a few things, cling to Jesus and take hold of blessings by Faith. You will see a manifestation of that which you are believing for. His Grace will act for you. By Faith I will get hold. By faith the chains will be broken.
- Two of Jesus disciples were sent by Moses to spy out the Promised Land. Joshua and Caleb among the 12. He did not send too many because he knew that all the conversations between them would kill their faith. Joshua and Caleb were the only two who had faith and knew that the Land belonged to them and God had given it to them. The remaining 10 of the spies came back with a bad report but there were two with faith. You may be the only one standing in faith amidst those with unbelief but the Lord will act on behalf of those who are in faith. He will perform for you. Amen!
- These two went into Rahab’s house. Today if somebody went into Rahab’s house, they would lose their face and people would speak demeaning of them. But because those two were in God’s grace and in obedience to God’s leading went into her house, an entire household was saved and Rahab’s life changed. Today may the Lord give you that perspective and the ability to obey him and go wherever he wants you to go. May the Holy Spirit guide you to where he wants you to go and many His grace and protection be upon you in the places where He will send you.
Joshua 2:8-13- 8 Now before they lay down, she came up to them on the roof, 9 and said to the men: “I know that the Lord has given you the land, that the terror of you has fallen on us, and that all the inhabitants of the land are fainthearted because of you. 10 For we have heard how the Lord dried up the water of the Red Sea for you when you came out of Egypt, and what you did to the two kings of the Amorites who were on the other side of the Jordan, Sihon and Og, whom you utterly destroyed. 11 And as soon as we heard these things, our hearts melted; neither did there
remain any more courage in anyone because of you, for the Lord your God, He is God in heaven above and on earth beneath. 12 Now therefore, I beg you, swear to me by the Lord, since I have shown you kindness, that you also will show kindness to my father’s house, and give me [a]a true token, 13 and spare my father, my mother, my brothers, my sisters, and all that they have, and deliver our lives from death.”
- Rahab wasn’t a believer and neither had she gone to a Bible college. But look at her words. She asked them to show kindness to her father’s house. When we read Joshua chapter 6, there were wall all around Jericho, the doors were shut and the enemies stood over the walls and the children of Israel were outside. But Rahab is saying here that I know that this nation and this land has been given to you.
If this is given to you by Lord, it is indeed GIVEN to you!
- This morning say, “no matter how high the walls loom around me, no matter how stiff the challenges are around me and no matter how difficult the battle seems to be, God will give me this land”. God will break open the doors, the walls will fall, God will do miracles and I will enter the promise land and enjoy the blessing of God.
- We come forward and share our testimony, jump and dance when we see the miracle, but this gentile woman Rahab hadn’t seen it but she still said it,
- If God says that He has given you something, just accept it. Just receive it in peace. • Receive your healing in peace, rest in it. 2000 years ago, Jesus gave this to you. You don’t need any further magic for it to manifest in your life. You just rest in His sacrifice. The victory over the enemy, the deliverance has been given to you. He took your poverty on the cross that we may walk in His riches. Just accept it first, believe this first and the bank account will fill up eventually. • When people come and ask me if I need money, I say no, God has already given me.
Nobody needs to give you, it is already given to you, by faith if you receive it and visualize it, it will manifest!
- No matter who gets destroyed all around you, you and your household will remain standing there without being destroyed. God will cocoon you.
- The plan about your life. The Holy Spirit showed me something- both in the Old Testament and New Testament, many people wanted to join the people of God looking at all the miracles but they hesitated because they were fearful. They were fearful of what God was doing in and through them.
- God will raise some mighty men and women of God whose shadow will cast out demons and their handkerchiefs will bring forth healing. In the places where you walk, God will send signs and wonders in and through your life. God will do these things in these times. Glory to God! If you are one of them give glory to God. I am saying this because I am standing in such a grace.
Joshua 2:9- “I know that the Lord has given you the land, that the terror of you has fallen on us, and that all the inhabitants of the land are fainthearted because of you.
- Inhabitants became fainthearted because of them. Don’t scare anybody but the fear of you will come upon them. What does this mean? You just need to remain in God’s grace, take refuge in Him and move forward. Whatever God wants people to think about it, He will ensure that. You go into your office and do what God tells you, God will make those around feel what He wants
them to feel.
- You just move forward, even those who you thought will oppose you, God will make them think what He wants them to. In faith, you move forward.
- Rahab says what the she had heard about God. How he had parted the red sea. This was 40 years ago. What God did then 40 years ago, Rahab was speaking of it now. God does certain things in your life, not just for your testimony but even after years, people will speak of it. God does miracles and wonders with that in mind. Many people think that their miracle is only to come and share a testimony on the stage. But beyond that, God will do such miracles for you that your generations and others around you will remember what God has done for you.
- Asusa street revival saw an outpouring of the Holy Spirit. But about one year before that Pandita Rama Bai was filled with the Holy Spirit and the Spirit of God had left a fire mark on her forehead. She stepped out for God and started a Mission called Mukti mission in her area. IN those times there was famine in their area. None of those who dug well saw water in them. One night, Pandita Rama Bai prayed and dug a well and the next morning it was full of water. Even to this day, after all these years, that well still has water when all other wells around it don’t have water. People there still know that Pandit Rama Ba went into the presence of God and because of that the well filled up and they have water in their land. The reason was God had heard the prayer of this Women of God.
Generations will know what God will do for you. So, don’t make your plans small, make them big! Even if years pass by, you stand in holiness, in prayer, in obedience taking refuge in God, and God will honour you in amazing ways.
11 And as soon as we heard these things, our hearts melted; neither did there remain any more courage in anyone because of you, for the Lord your God, He is God in heaven above and on earth beneath
- Rahab testifies. Declare that Jesus Christ alone is God and He is the expression of God. We shall not be destroyed because of Jesus Christ. If you declare this by faith, God will keep you.
12 Now therefore, I beg you, swear to me by the Lord, since I have shown you kindness, that you also will show kindness to my father’s house, and give me [a]a true token, 13 and spare my father, my mother, my brothers, my sisters, and all that they have, and deliver our lives from death.”
- Not just me but all my family and those connected with me should not be destroyed. • This morning, if you stand in faith and pray, not just you but God will secure the salvation of your family too. Because of your faith, God will cover and protect your family, God will do a miracle.
- For 6 days, the children of Israel walked about the Jericho wall? Why 6 days? The first day itself some of the people may have decided to reconcile with Rahab and not exclude her. On day two they may have decided to visit her and on day 6 may be her parents too accepted her and were looking to go live with her. God was giving the people the opportunity for getting connected back to Rahab. On day 7, when the Israelites shouted by faith the walls came crumbling down but it was only that portion of wall where Rahab’s house was nestled that stood firm. It remained intact. God was faithful.
Mathew 1:5- 5 Salmon begot Boaz by Rahab, Boaz begot Obed by Ruth, Obed begot Jesse,
- Rahab became the mother of Boaz. She became a part of Jesus’s ancestry. Boaz was one of the richest persons of that time. She had married into a wealthy and a well-known family, into a
family that had God’s plans and purpose. Not every family had a plan of God upon it. I don’t know why.
- If you are in a family that has a plan and purpose of God upon it, God will keep you. • When you are looking to marry someone, do not ask how much dowry you will get or how many cars the person has, or how big a house or how well qualified he or she is. Instead, ask if this family has a plan and purpose of God upon it, is it a family that wants to glorify God here on earth? Is it a family that is filled with the oil of the Spirit?
- When you are here on earth, we can all make a lot of money. It will all stay back here on earth and end with your grave.
Don’t make money to take to the grave, but use the money for the Kingdom of God. In eternity, you will receive a reward for what you did for God. Please be rich, please have surplus but not to take to the grave but to glorify Jesus Christ for eternity.
- She entered into the ancestry of Jesus, she entered into a wealthy family. Moreover, she became a part of God’s plan and purpose. She was a prostitute and her life changed because she was a woman of faith. That is the hope that we have, no matter where we have made mistakes, God is able to lift us up if we have faith in our hearts.